DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Hey Forum,

I found some really interesting GUI tools for LUA called wxLUA (http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/)... So I know I may be getting into the experimental areana as far as NMS and LUA but is there any way to access the functions like nimbus.request() in a IDE other than the scripts section of Infrastructure Manager?

Ben

• 2.  Re: wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 11, 2011 10:11 PM

Use the NSA.exe works fine, when using the NSA.exe you have to add Nimbus.login since you are accessing Nimbus outside of the already logged on NAS Scripts Section. Very cool info on the GUI i am checking it out now.

• 3.  Re: wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 11, 2011 11:07 PM

I believe the NSA includes a file to enable proper syntax highlighting in Crimson Editor. I am not sure if it gives other help for those built-in functions or just syntax highlighting.

• 4.  Re: wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 12, 2011 03:36 PM

Thanks, I have the NSA up and going. If anyone gets the WXLUA module to work please let me know. I was having trouble getting it to require()... Still researching this one, but it would definitely be cool to do some LUA GUI's.

Ben

• 5.  Re: wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 12, 2011 03:40 PM

The main reason I asked this question is because WXLUA comes with a precompiled environment with a LUA interpreter that is WXLUA ready. Are there any libraries/modules that can be required() in another interpreter/environment to give access to the NMS specific methods? I'm just curious if it would be harder to get NMS's interpreter working with WXLUA or get WXLUA's interpreter working with the NMS modules...

Ben

• 6.  Re: wxLUA GUI

Posted Apr 12, 2011 05:21 PM

There is no Lua module that provides the NMS functions. Everything is just bundled in the NSA executable. I think it could have been done in a module, but Carstein opted to create a customized Lua interpreter.

You might be able to integrate wxLua with the NSA, but I am sure that is uncharted territory. The good news is that other Lua modules have been known to work with the NSA in the past. If you make it work, let us know!

-Keith