DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Distsrv Error

Posted Apr 01, 2011 09:55 PM

I am trying to install probes from a hub running distsrv, and am getting the following error:

inst_pkg failed:  illegal SID

I've tried upgrading the distsrv probe on the hub to the latest version (5.11), re-adding all the licenses to the archive of the hub, restarting the distsrv probe.  Anyone seen this error or know what it's related to?

• 2.  Re: Distsrv Error

Posted Apr 02, 2011 12:41 AM

Sounds like your security setting are out of whack  You could remove the security files and restart the hub and see if it gets the newest ones.

• 3.  Re: Distsrv Error

Posted Apr 04, 2011 08:18 AM

Neal may be right, but it might not take anything so drasitc. If you are trying to distribute to a robot under a different hub than the one the distsrv is on, you could try deleting the security.cfg file as Neal suggested. But you could also just compare to make sure both hubs are using the same security.cfg file. A couple of other possibilities also come to mind when dealing with SID errors...

You might want to try a fresh login to the Infrastructure Manager. If you do this from the Security menu, you do not even need to reenter your password. That will definitely get you a fresh SID.

It may be possible that this error indicates the distsrv does not have the needed permissions. From the Security menu, select Probe Administration. Make sure the distsrv appears there. I think the distsrv requires admin privileges.

-Keith