DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Mar 14, 2011 08:14 AM

Where do we have the installation file(s)? << what dose it means when i install the robot in centOS, is it centOS does not support the nimsoft?

• 2.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Mar 14, 2011 03:28 PM

The Nimldr will attempt to pull in the installation files from a local Nimsoft Distribution Server, if it cannot see that server/access the download files, then you'll need to have a copy of it on your target server.

The Linux install files work for any distribution of Linux as long as they're at the right glib level - I know for a fact CentOS works fine, I've installed to it a number of times in the past. The installation is very well documented, pull up the Installation Guide here, the section you'lre looking for is: Installing Nimsoft Infrastructure on a Unix computer on your internal network

Good luck,

Dustin

• 3.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Mar 14, 2011 04:28 PM

Yep centos works fine.  You can either attempt to pull the info from archive or copy the linux (glibc <2.3) or the linux23 which is for any linux glibc > 2.3.

• 4.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Mar 16, 2011 10:39 AM

hi, i am running on nimsoft 5.0, i want to monitor linux server from a different network, i am using centOS 5.
    when i attempt to install, i get the error message as below, kindly assit.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[root@Centos LINUX_23]# ./nimldr

This program will help you install NimBUS on the current system.
    You will be given a series of questions, default answers are in brackets:
      query? ==>[default]
    Pressing Enter directly will use the default value, otherwise you should
    type in the requested information.

If express installation is specified, the default value will be used
    automatically.

A log of the installation is found in the file: nimldr.log
    Error detecting your IP settings. Please check the installation log for more details!
    Unable to continue!

this wat i get...

then i put >>

[root@Centos LINUX_23]# ./nimldr -R 10.10.123.7

This program will help you install NimBUS on the current system.
    You will be given a series of questions, default answers are in brackets:
      query? ==>[default]
    Pressing Enter directly will use the default value, otherwise you should
    type in the requested information.

If express installation is specified, the default value will be used
    automatically.

A log of the installation is found in the file: nimldr.log
    WARNING: The temporary files directory is removed after installation!

Where should nimldr store temporary files?
    ==>[/opt/nimsoft/tmp]
    Beginning Robot installation:

Is this a Cloud installation?
    ==>[no]

Do we have the installation file locally?
    ==>[no]

Is there a host running a NimBUS Hub we can query for the installation file?
    ==>[yes]

What is the IP address of the host running a NimBUS Hub?
    ==>[] 202.190.73.228

==>[202.190.73.228]

==>[202.190.73.228]

if i keep press enter, the same thing came out....

• 5.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2011 12:22 PM

Hi hanafi,

We try to figure out what ip a system has by doing a lookup of the hostname, then using that hostname to resolve the ip that goes with it. Either your name resolution is not set up properly or the /etc/hosts file has the hostname listed as 127.0.0.1. For some strange reason Linux distros decided that it's a good idea to have the host listed there, instead of using 'localhost' as every single other unix I've ever seen does...

The second error indicates that either the hub at 202.190.73.228 does not have a distsrv probe running or there is a routing problem. You indicate that the robot ip address is 10.10.123.7 - is there a route to 202.190.73.228 for the 10.10.123 subnet? The easiest way to find out might be to use telnet to check that you have connectivity:

root@yourbox# telnet 202.190.73.228 48002

That checks connectivity to the hub itself, to check the distsrv you can change 48002 to whatever port distsrv is running on (which you should be able to see in the Infrastructure Manager).

It could be a firewall issue as well...

Beyond that you can copy the install_LINUX_23.zip (install_LINUX_23_64 if it's a 64bit system) file to a local directory or put it on an NFS drive and answer 'yes' if it asks you if you have the file locally.

Cheers,

Stian

• 6.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Mar 16, 2011 01:38 PM

thanks a lot~

• 7.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Jan 09, 2012 05:11 PM

Hi.

I'm trying to install on a centos 6 and I tell the installer that I have the installation files locally. When the installer asks: Where do we have the installation file(s)? I type in the path to the file, and it seems like the installer don't understand the path or don't find the file.

I've been trying many different formats, with no luck...

What is the installer looking for? Any zip-file? Or do I have to rename the file to something?

I've downloaded the file from here:

http://support.nimsoft.com/Files/Archive/00151/install_LINUX_23_64-4_71.zip

Regards

Eskil Bjørnø

• 8.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Jan 09, 2012 06:29 PM

You may need to remove the -4_71 part of the file name so that it looks like this:

install_LINUX_23_64.zip

I am not completely sure about that, but I think I have run into this issue. Give it a try and see if it helps.

• 9.  Re: LINUX (centOS) robot installation

Posted Jan 10, 2012 01:57 PM

Thanx. With the file called install_LINUX_23_64.zip AND a fresh nimldr-3_54.tar.Z (not the old one I had on my server) it worked fine...

-Eskil-