DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Displaying SLA's

Posted Feb 17, 2011 07:38 PM

Is there a way to bring SLA data into a custom dashboard?  I don't see any of that data inthe database.

• 2.  Re: Displaying SLA's

Posted Feb 17, 2011 07:48 PM

Todd,

Here is a copy/paste from this thread: http://forum.nimsoft.com/t5/General/Uptime-Monitoring/m-p/5903#M2837

*******************************************************************************

Yes, after SLA's are created they're available for reference from the "Data Source" section.

1. First create an SLA
    2. After the SLA has generated, there should now be QoS messages in the DB for it - open the dashboard designer now to pull in the latest DB info
    3. Drag and drop an widget onto the canvas - something like the Gauge from the Meters section
    4. With the widget selected go up to the "Data Source" section and then select the "SLA" tab
    5. You should now see your available SLA objects, either drag and drop them onto the object or simply hit the "Apply" button
    Best of luck,
    Dustin
    *******************************************************************************

• 3.  Re: Displaying SLA's

Posted Feb 17, 2011 07:59 PM

hmm under Select Datasource, I do not see an SLA tab ... I have QOS, NIS, Variables, Probe, and DB.  It looks like Variables has some SLA objects, but not all of them. 

• 4.  Re: Displaying SLA's

Posted Feb 17, 2011 08:03 PM
    now after logging out and logging back in to SDP (need to do this to see new data), it seems the variables tab is greyed out.

• 5.  Re: Displaying SLA's

Posted Feb 17, 2011 10:55 PM

Ah... I think the issue here is related to your version.

In the old SDP you had to create SLA's in the Variable Server Probe and then reference them within the Dashboard Designer via the Variable section.

Let me know if that does the trick, good luck!

Dustin