DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Nov 30, 2010 01:11 PM

Hi,

has anyone seen the effect, that the statusbar of the Infrastructure Manager is blinking red?

I don't know what happens, but a few weeks agoit began on a systems running the Infrastructure Manager. If I use the IM on the NMS-Server the status bar looks as expected, grey no blinking.

Any idea how to get back to normal state?

Olaf

• 2.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Nov 30, 2010 04:05 PM

There is likely a communication issue. Go into Tools ->Options and setup each of the address paths so they point to the appropriate paths, shut down the UI, re-open it and if you're still seeing the Critical Alarm, double click on the status and let us know what it shows.

Good luck!

Dustin

• 3.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Nov 30, 2010 05:17 PM

Olaf.

Is it the status bar at the bottome of IM? blinking red or pink?

Mine blinks pink (according to my eyes) and it's related to 'hold events' functionality.

Information provided by Nimsoft support.

"The 'Hold events' functionality is there in case of e.g. failover, where a lot of infrastructure events are generated - holding the events will prevent the IM from freezing up if too many of these events are generated at the same time.

The impact is stopping the IM from becoming un-responsive for a given period of time."

Events are the event messages you see in the Messages window in the alarm sub-console in the Infrastructure Manager and you can RT-click to Show Trace. Show Messages/trace displays info about Infrastructure Manager/NMS infrastructure events.

Events are the event messages you see in the Messages window in the alarm sub-console in the Infrastructure Manager and you can RT-click to Show Trace. Show Messages/trace displays info about Infrastructure Manager/NMS infrastructure events.

"The status bar blinks pink when ‘Hold Events’ button is enabled. This gets triggered automatically when the alarm sub-console receives a certain number of Events within a set time frame (the default should be 200 events/10 seconds)."

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nimbus Software\NimBUS Manager\Options\

and change it to a number you find more appropriate rather than 200.

Look under C:\Program Files\Nimsoft\AC\logs

See nimbus_manager.log for the event messages.

hope that helps.

scott

• 4.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 02, 2013 09:29 PM

OK, mine just started doing this. It is driving me crazy!!... Anyone know how to edit this off.??

I do not have "Hold Events" on.

• 5.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 02, 2013 11:10 PM

Did you try the registry change mentioned above?

• 6.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:15 PM

yes.. no change. (set to 1000)

However, another admin doesn't see the on his console. I have this both on the local server and on my workstation.

• 7.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 04, 2013 06:00 PM

Perhaps a screenshot of what you are refering to might help

• 8.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 04, 2013 09:51 PM

Untitled.png

• 9.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 04, 2013 09:53 PM
      |   view attached

and the stoplight in your IM does not look like the attachment. Note there are two stop light icons. 

• 10.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Oct 04, 2013 10:27 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

I have never clicked that before so I didn't even look there...

• 11.  Re: Infrastructure Manager: red blinking status bar

Posted Mar 08, 2018 09:44 AM

Common question this one.  As suggested - it's caused by clicking the "Hold Events" traffic light button at the top of Infrastructure Manager.