DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Nov 18, 2010 06:21 PM

Is there a text file somewhere that I can edit to add scopes to the auto-discovery agents (found in the Remote Admin section of the UMP)?  I've already put about 30 Class C subnets into a scope, and I'm having issues getting that to work; as a test, I'd like to remove all but one and see if I can get it respond.  But I don't want to remove all the scopes and then have to add them back in manually.  I attempted to remove them from the discovery_agent.cfg file, but it seems like the UMP puts them back in place when you restart the discovery_agent probe.  So is there somehwere else to adjust that information?

This would also help since I have about 100 (maybe more) scopes to add in.  Added them all in the UMP is pretty time consuming, if there was a flat file somewhere that I could edit, it might make the process quicker.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Nov 18, 2010 07:50 PM
    I'm looking into this for you.

• 3.  Re: UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Nov 19, 2010 01:08 AM

Should be stored in the database table just not sure which table contains this.  One of the CM_ tables would be my guess. 

• 4.  Re: UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Oct 01, 2011 08:42 AM
    Any word on this? I'm running into

• 5.  Re: UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Oct 02, 2011 04:56 PM

Scope information is held in the SLM database in the CM_DISCOVERY_NETWORK table.  I've not tested this, but if you modify this information and then restart the discovery components you would be able to accomplish what you describe. 

I think the bigger issue might be the scale at which you are trying to discover.  Have you looked into providing more specific ranges by using a limited amount of credentials assigned to each scope and protocols that you are discovering to ensure that the discovery will finish in the allotted timeframe? 

Best Regards,
    Ryan

• 6.  Re: UMP Auto discovery scopes quick configure?

Posted Oct 03, 2011 07:52 PM

I don't know about the OP, but I unfortunately cannot limit it further. The client provided me with 688 scopes to scan with four discovery agent robots. Some of those scopes are class B. I can't find any documentation to indicate if there is an upper limit of IP addresses to use per agent.