DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 16, 2010 09:44 PM

Product management needs some guidence from you in the community. Currently the report_engine has the ability to FTP reports to a target FTP server. This is useful if you want to place reports on a different web server (outside of the NMS environment) and you control access to these reports.

How many of you are using this feature today?

Thanks for your input.

• 2.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 16, 2010 10:13 PM

I have never used this feature.  I see the email feature more of a value add than the ftp.  Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

• 3.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 18, 2010 02:37 AM

We do not use this feature.

• 4.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 18, 2010 06:41 PM

Not used here.

• 5.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 18, 2010 07:13 PM

We used to use this feature but since the advent of SDP it is less useful and required more administration overhead

• 6.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 18, 2010 07:31 PM

Thanks for your input

• 7.  Re: Input from the Nimsoft community needed regarding report_engine FTP reports remote server

Posted Nov 24, 2010 12:39 PM

A previous client of mine had a very large reporting environment which relied heavily on this type of infrastructure, but I guess this function is only going to target large multi platform ITSCs which have a "global" or regionalised infrastructure for reporting.

That's just my 2 cents....

:-)

Stevo