DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Automation

Posted Sep 09, 2010 07:18 PM

Hi

I want to automatically shut down multiple servers after receiving an alarm from the ups when the UPS reaches a threshold level, Windows and linux servers must be shutdown.

Any sugestion?

Omar

• 2.  Re: Automation

Posted Sep 09, 2010 09:06 PM

Once the UPS alarm hits the NAS, you could use the Command Action and via an Auto-Operator Profile to issue a reboot - it would be very easy to setup:

If you need multiple conditions to be met prior to issuing an alarm, you could capture them via a trigger then issue a single shutdown call based off those.

Good luck!

Dustin

• 3.  Re: Automation

Posted Sep 10, 2010 04:39 PM

Depending on your ups some have shutdown capabilities with them I believe apc does. So when you get the alarm from the ups at the same time it would begin shutting down systems.

• 4.  Re: Automation

Posted Sep 10, 2010 08:18 PM

Dustin,

This action can be executed from nas located in remote HubServer or only in the nas located in central hub?

Omar

• 5.  Re: Automation

Posted Sep 10, 2010 09:11 PM

If it's a remote NAS/site, then it'll most likely make sense to execute the command from there, however, if your local NAS does have access to the server via UNC, you can go that path as well.

Let us know if you need additional info.

Dustin

• 6.  Re: Automation

Posted Sep 15, 2010 06:11 PM

I would suggest to set up the UPS auto shutdown locally on the server, if the power is failing it is not certain that any external hosts, switches or routers are still running. I would avoid adding external dependencies.

/&ers