DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  nas - profile with operating period

Posted Aug 12, 2010 02:58 PM

Hi!

I try to do the following:

A simple profile which acts  5 min later if a message is incomming, filtered by matching criteria. Between 01:00-02:00 there should be no action, but after 02:00 the alarms which had occured in that timeslot for that profile should be processed.

I simply tried to manage that by an Operting Period.. and still have the alarm of 01:24 in my message-box including a increasing count.

Is prerhaps a trigger a propable way, or a simple Scheduling, what I do not want to do is some sort of permanent cycling.

cheers

Matthias

• 2.  Re: nas - profile with operating period

Posted Aug 12, 2010 09:13 PM

If I understand your description correctly, I think it is behaving as I would expect. It sounds like you are using the "On overdue age" action mode set to 5m. If an alarm reaches 5 minutes old during the period when the AO profile is not operating, I would not expect the profile to fire.

The simplest solution might be to use the AO scheduler to fire a script at 02:00 to check for any matching alarms that arrived between 00:55 and 01:55.

If you did not require the 5-minute delay, you would have some other options. You could set the AO profile to run every time the alarm arrives or every 5 minutes while the alarm is open.

-Keith