timothy.m.curry

Logmon and Clearing multiple alarms

Discussion created by timothy.m.curry on Aug 14, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 by keith_k

We are using the logmon probe to run a command that looks for a specific Keyword.  Upon Keyword match it generates and alarm at various levels.  The message is Unique to the problem so there can be several that get processed.  However there is a Clear variable that we want to clear all open alarms from regardless of level

I have set the alarms to utilize a (private) subsystem 3.1.1.

I have tried many options from triggers, to Attempting to put a variable in the suppression key. But I just cannot get the single generic clear message to close out multiple alarms.

Note hostname, source, origin, probe etc will remain constant so I could utilize that as options in conjunction with profiles triggers, etc. Closing the alarm based off time is not an option to the customer. 

The customer is who owns the server says that they cannot generate a clear for each set of messages.  Unfortunately since I do not own the application of have access to their script but to run it , I am limited the solution has to come from Nimsoft either logmon probe or NAS probe.  Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Outcomes