rflud

Gathering Cisco show controller T1 results

Discussion created by rflud on Jul 30, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 by florian.prillwitz

I'm trying to figure out a method for gathering "show controller t1" results from the routers at all of my customers.  Some routers have several circuits.  I've thought of using SNMPget but can't seem to find the OID for this info (I can find the in and outbound errors but this is not that same thing).  I've also read that SNMP returns the total in a given counter since the router was booted up.  That could be a problem as the "clear counters" command may have been issued which would through the numbers off.  The count collected in SNMPget (if I can find the OID's) would be different than the current count.  

Another option would be to pull the results of the "show controller t1" command and read them into Nimsoft via the logmon probe.  This could be a major pain trying to get all of this to work correctly.  Here is a piece of the output that I'd have to have logmon parse.  The problem I see is that I'd want to find out if any of these are greater than 0.  So character 52/53 is a 0 currently what if it's 48932?  What would I look for in a logmon variable?  Once any one of these get more that 9 errors it throws off the character count.  

Data in current interval (755 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Any help would be appreciated.  

Outcomes