DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 12:58 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to sort a table widget column by default - that means: sort a table column during opening a SDP dashboard?

I fetch the cpu-usage, pid and process-name out of the process probe by the callback 'list_processes", and like to sort the table on cpu usage by default. As it is now I have to click twice at the column header to see the process with the highest cpu usage at the top of the table.

Any idea is welcome...

Thanks and best regards,

Olaf

• 2.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 07:03 AM

Hi

You could try this query in the select data source option in the table table properties

select top 10
    cpu_usage,memory_usage,os_major,os_minor,os_description from GRP_SERVER

order by cpu_usage DESC

the trick is the order by cpu_usage DESC command.

i hope this help. let me know if it doesnt.

cheers

Jason

• 3.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 09:48 AM

Hi Jason,

thanks for fast feedback, but I guess with your sql select I get a server list sorted by cpu-usage.

I try to get a list of all processes from *one* server sorted by cpu usage for a dynamic dashboard.

Regards,

Olaf

• 4.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 08:13 PM

If you are running sdp 2.6 I believe you will have some sql views and from my looking their is a veiw for every qos metric in your slmdb.  You may be able to query these views it's probably going to be called V_QOS_PROCESS_CPU. 

Other option would be to create something in group server for your process cpu then you could query from grp server.

One final option is if you are using the qos_server probe you will have the info in the rd_qos_data data table.

Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 08:45 PM

Not that I want to be Mr. Negative here, but I thought I should point out that I do not think any SQL queries, views, or qos_server tricks will help because the SDP table is being fed by a callback to a probe. I may be wrong here, but it does not sound like the data is in the database at all, which makes the probe the only source.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to specify a sort of an SDP table in the Dashboard Designer (or of a way to control the order in which results are returned from the processes probe).

-Keith

• 6.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 11, 2010 10:09 PM

Yes you would be correct unless he is getting qos data for the cpu it won't be there.  You won't get the pid or process id unless you create your own script to get it and insert into db.

• 7.  Re: SDP. Sort columns in table widget by default?

Posted May 13, 2010 12:09 AM
    Hi,

Keith - you are right. I'm using probes callback only, because I need no qos or alarms on cpu usage of all individual processes. Maybe later I will monitor a few procosses.
    I think I'll have to program a probe that performs the desired sorting and some other conversation (e.g. last reboot date and time as string not only as days, hours, minuter and seconds).

Thanks all for your feedback.

Olaf