DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Infra Mgr - Groups - Remove robot from group

Posted Nov 09, 2009 03:16 PM
    Hi all,

I'm currently trying to make good use of the "group" function within Infrastructure Manager.  We would like to use this function to facilitate probe distribution to logical groups of servers.

I can create (robot) groups and assign robots to them.  But I'm having trouble with deleting robots from a group.  I just do a right-clock on the robot within the group and press "remove".  This seems to remove the robot out of Nimsoft entirely (and not only out of the group).  After a while, the robot comes back again, but also in its group...

Any advice on how to do this correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Bert

• 2.  Infra Mgr - Groups - Remove robot from group

Posted Nov 09, 2009 04:10 PM
    Right-click the group and chose Properties. From there you can remove the robot from the list. The problem is that the list is a set of "pointers" to robots, and so all commands are sent directly to them as if they were in the main view. So when you sent a 'remove' command it was as if you had found the robot in the Manager's tree view and sent the 'remove' command directly to it. While this has huge benefits (the distribution you mention is but one of them) it does have its drawbacks too, as you noticed :smileywink:

Cheers,
    Stian

• 3.  Infra Mgr - Groups - Remove robot from group

Posted Nov 09, 2009 06:21 PM
    Quote: (sseeberg@nimsoft.com)
    Right-click the group and chose Properties. From there you can remove the robot from the list. The problem is that the list is a set of "pointers" to robots, and so all commands are sent directly to them as if they were in the main view. So when you sent a 'remove' command it was as if you had found the robot in the Manager's tree view and sent the 'remove' command directly to it. While this has huge benefits (the distribution you mention is but one of them) it does have its drawbacks too, as you noticed :smileywink:

Cheers,
    Stian

Ok, that's the way to do it...

Thanks for helping with my stupid question :-)