DaveRick

AIX Cluster alerting

Discussion created by DaveRick on May 19, 2009
Latest reply on May 21, 2009 by keith_k
After about 4 hours of looking into this I can’t seem to find a good solution.  I’m not sure if this is due to four months of 70+ hour work weeks or the fact that my vacation is coming up next week.  Either way, I’m trying to find a good solution for checking system availability within the alarm management features.  For example, system A and B are load balanced servers.  Systems C and D are the failover/DR servers.  In our environment the DR servers can be up or down, run to the max on CPU and Memory for testing purposes, etc.  What I would like to do is the following:

If an error occurs with systems C or D, a check is performed to see if A and B are active.  If they are the alert is ignored, if they are not it goes through. 

This seems so simple yet I can’t seem to find the way to make it work.  I’ve looked at the triggers but they don’t seem to be providing the right role for this.  Scripting seems to be the only way to make this happen, but I am however still learning LUA so this has been a little tricky.  Basically I have been attempting to use the triggers within the LUA to make the correct selection.  That works but I am having trouble on the alarm management end of just simply pushing the alarm through, or stopping if it validates as “true”.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Dave

Outcomes