DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Documentation

Posted Feb 24, 2009 07:47 AM
    I was able to find the NAS technical brief ver.3.16 buried somewhere in this forum. Is there an easier way to find all available documentation on the nimsoft site?

Also, is the NAS technical brief ver.3.16 the latest documentation on the NAS or is there a newer one available for NAS 3.22?

• 2.  Documentation
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2009 09:12 PM
    The technical brief(s) are located in our salesforce database and should be made public to users of the self-service portal.  I have passed this request on to the people responsible of this.

• 3.  Documentation

Posted Mar 07, 2009 01:11 AM
    Just a follow up on this thread.
    The NAS technical brief (whitepaper) is now, along with a growing number of tech.briefs, part of the Salesforce solutions area. 
    Here you can, search for solutions regarding probes, whitepapers etc. by specifying e.g. "NAS whitepaper" as a search criteria.

• 4.  Documentation

Posted Mar 07, 2009 01:51 AM
    Carstein,

I just use the Salesforce "Find Solution" page to search for "Whitepaper".  This returned no results.  I also tried searching for "NAS whitepaper", which returned one result for a page titled "How to use Probe Utility to activate Auto_operator methods."  Any idea why I'm not finding the technical brief(s)?

Thanks,
    Keith

• 5.  Documentation

Posted Mar 09, 2009 09:29 PM
    Keith,

We had some issues with the documents not showing up in the 'public' searches.  It is now fixed and available like you correctly point out - under 'find solution' through the self-service portal.

Carstein

• 6.  Documentation

Posted Mar 10, 2009 02:53 AM
    Thanks!  It works much better now.  I am glad to see this kind of documentation starting to become more readily accessible.

Is there specific plan for when the whitepapers are created/updated?  Are they created as the need arises, or is there a goal of publishing certain whitepapers for particular compontents?

Thanks,
    Keith

• 7.  Documentation

Posted Mar 10, 2009 03:15 AM
    We have started with infrastructural components like NAS, HUB, Robot (controller), Data Engine and QoS Engine.  New ones will be added alongside with new component releases.  The current process is that whenever a probe (component) is released, the latest tech.brief will be published as a solution.

• 8.  Documentation

Posted Mar 13, 2009 05:26 PM
    How to upgrade Nimbus 3.20version to 3.50 Version.