AnsweredAssumed Answered

timed probe inquiry

Question asked by rgivens on Dec 18, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2008 by keith_k
I've created a powershell and vbscript that I would like run at a montly interval.  I've created a NimBUS probe and distributed it to the machines that I would like it to run on.  It works great when I specifiy a date and time for the probe to launch the script.  The issue I'm having is that it doesn't seem that the controller probe allows you to schedule a timed probe to run on the 4TH Thrusday of the month at a specific time or the 2ND Tuesday of the month at a specific time.  You can configure the probe to run every Sunday at such and such time or the 10th day of the month at such and such time or every 15 minutes, but I can't get it to run the way I would like.  The reason why I need it to run on the 4TH Thrusday of the month at such and such time is becuase I have an agreed to maintenance window for a machine at that time when the script should run.  What I'm doing know is changing the date the probe runs every month, but I would rather just configure the probe to run once and be able to forget about it and just know it's going to run when I want it to run.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on how to maybe work around this issue.  I opened a case with Nimsoft and it seems that the controller probe, which schedules the timed probe, can't handle the specific date / time format that I want to use.  They have created a feature request but I have no idea when or if it will become a feature that I can use.

Outcomes