DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Move remote HUB to a different server

Posted May 15, 2008 01:17 AM
    Hello All

I have a customer who we have a remote HUB installed on thier rather large MPLS network.

Customer has advised that they want to move the HUB to a different server. I understand the work invovled in changeing firewall rules and installing new HUB however I was wondering if there was an easy way to backup the net_connect probe that is currently in use on the original HUB.

I would prefer to not have to manually input all the data on the new net_connect probe.

Drag and drop does not seem to work as it says "This drop does not initiate any actions by the application"

Please advise if you have any ideas.

Thanks

• 2.  Move remote HUB to a different server
    Best Answer

Posted May 15, 2008 02:34 AM
    There should be 2 good ways to do this.

I usually just grab the config files (*.cfg) of probes that I want to relocate and copy them to the new server.  That is very simple, but it only works well when you can easily get a file from one server to another.

There is also a fairly easy way to do the same thing in the NimBUS Manager.  You should be able to drag and drop the probe from the old hub back onto your Archive.  When prompted, change the probe name to something like net_connect_config.  Then install the real net_connect probe to the new hub.  After it is installed, drag and drop your new net_connect_config package onto the new hub.  This will update the configuration settings on the new hub to match those on the old hub.

There is very little magic about the NimBUS Manager option.  You can open your net_connect_config package and check out the net_connect.cfx file that it contains.  That is the file that ends up updating the config on your new hub.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Keith

• 3.  Move remote HUB to a different server

Posted May 20, 2008 03:18 AM
    Thanks Keith

"There is also a fairly easy way to do the same thing in the NimBUS Manager.  You should be able to drag and drop the probe from the old hub back onto your Archive.  When prompted, change the probe name to something like net_connect_config.  Then install the real net_connect probe to the new hub.  After it is installed, drag and drop your new net_connect_config package onto the new hub.  This will update the configuration settings on the new hub to match those on the old hub.
    "

Works perfectly
    Jose