DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  programatically filter a machine

Posted Apr 23, 2008 05:17 AM

Has anybody developed a process or script that can programatically put a machine and remove a machine from a filter.  I would like to have some users that have access to dashboards be able to filter a machine when an issue arises and not have to log into NimBUS, open the NAS, and filter the machine.  As a matter of fact I don't want some users to go into the NAS and edit anything and that is why I would like to have it programatically done.

Thanks for any assistance.

• 2.  programatically filter a machine

Posted May 01, 2008 12:26 AM

This is possible by using a combination of the table object and some of the  'Configuration controls' in the Enterprise Console.  The NAS v3 allows to you to extract the current filter configuration by using the 'get_ao_status' command and mode='filters'.  You can put the result in a nice table, and select a subset of filters for the users to modify by toggeling the checkboxes from the configuration control package.

I have attached a sample dashboard, just drop it in your archive and download it in EC.  You'll need to modify the configuration data under each checkbox.

• 3.  programatically filter a machine

Posted Aug 13, 2008 09:47 PM
    Hi,
    I dropped the dashboard into the archive. If I want to download it in the EC it doesn't appear in the list. Should I unzip (password needed)? Or do something else?
    Thanks,
    Steven

• 4.  programatically filter a machine

Posted Aug 14, 2008 07:10 AM
    You might want to restart the distsrv (distribute server) probe incase it didn't get the change.  Another option is to exit EC and go back in again and download the package from the download list.
    This zip-file is meant for the NimBUS archive, so no unzip is needed.