DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Regular Expression for Alerts

Posted Dec 14, 2007 08:08 AM

So far we have had a good experience with our deployment and overall configuration of NimBUS.  We are now getting into some of the alerting functions and I am having some issues with an alert.  I am trying to create an alert that reports disk issues for Windows machines, minus the C drive.  I was pretty sure regular expression could be used in the alerts, in order to filter down to the information you really want.  I have been trying to use the following expression in the message field:

disk free on (?!C)

So far, this or variants of it have not been able to give me the results I am looking for.  I can get disk information if I simply look for " *disk free* ", but then again that includes the C drive.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave Rick

Alticor INC.

Dave.Rick@Alticor.com

• 2.  Regular Expression for Alerts

Posted Dec 18, 2007 03:01 AM
    Dave

Try this in the message field

/disk free on (?!C)/

I assume this is in the auto operator section of the nas.

• 3.  Regular Expression for Alerts

Posted Dec 19, 2007 04:19 AM

Yes, this is an auto-operator rule in the nas. I entered the regular expression but that didn't work.  I have been testing the "disk free on (?!C)" by looking at lines in a text file. It will find the lines which don't have the "C" in the correct spot.  But when it comes to the auto-operator it isn't looking at the text correctly.  I even tried the text with wildcards, such as "/*disk free on (?!C)*/" and that didn't work either.

Any other thoughts?

• 4.  Regular Expression for Alerts

Posted Dec 19, 2007 04:46 AM
    Try this...

/(?i) disk free \w+ (?!C:smileyhappy:.*/

Seems to work, although I haven't tested it fully as I tried it on a dashboard item filter rather than auto-operator.

Justin

• 5.  Regular Expression for Alerts

Posted Dec 20, 2007 01:13 AM
    That one looks to have done the trick. I will keep an eye on this over the next week or so.  Thanks for the help!