We have enabled you to upload your own avatars, just follow these simple steps:
Starting from your image gallery, you choose the image, give it a name, and you're done. There are size limitations, of course, and your image must be approved by a community moderator before it can appear in your gallery or you can insert it in a post.
To upload an image to your image gallery:
- Go to your Profile page and click the View Image Gallery link.
- Click Browse to select an image file to be uploaded.
If the image is small enough (the size limit is set by your community), the image is uploaded. A preview of the image appears so that you can make sure you uploaded the right image.
- Type a title for the image.
The image title appears above the image when you view images one at a time.
- Click the Hide in Gallery (Private) check box to make this image private.
Private images never appear when other community members view your image gallery. They only appear if you insert the image in a post.
- Click Save to Gallery.
You can use any approved image you've uploaded as your personal avatar. The first step is to upload the image. Once it's been approved, all you have to do is select it.
To use an uploaded image as your personal avatar:
- Go to your My Settings page and click the Avatars tab.
- Click From Your Image Gallery or From Uploaded Images to see the images that you've already uploaded.
- Click an image to use it as your personal avatar.