Gen EDGE

Expand all | Collapse all

When dealing with a list box on GUI client window , we can use a MAKE statement to change the color attributes of the list box line, or even one field within that list box line. However, we cannot determine how to do the same actions by using the DOT nota

• 1.  When dealing with a list box on GUI client window , we can use a MAKE statement to change the color attributes of the list box line, or even one field within that list box line. However, we cannot determine how to do the same actions by using the DOT nota

Posted Mar 16, 2015 11:53 AM

When dealing with a list box on GUI client window , we can use a MAKE statement to change the color attributes of the list box line, or even one field within that list box line. However, we cannot determine how to do the same actions by using the DOT notation. I think it can be done, we are just missing how to enter the statement that causes the desired effect.

• 2.  Re: When dealing with a list box on GUI client window , we can use a MAKE statement to change the color attributes of the list box line, or even one field within that list box line. However, we cannot determine how to do the same actions by using the DOT

Posted Mar 16, 2015 04:03 PM

There isn't a direct way to change the color attributes of a list box line or field within that line using dot notation.  You can reference a field within a line as <WindowName>.<ListBoxName>.cell(<row>,<column>) but the all the color properties for a cell (actually a ListColumnItem) appear to be for the prompt.  I'm not sure what setting those properties would do but you might pretend that the cell is a Field instead which does expose properties for BackgroundColor, ForegroundColor, etc.  I'd be interested in hearing how that works out.