Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData

Posted Mar 16, 2015 10:47 PM

Hi

We have upgraded siteminder env from 12sp3 to 12.52spcr01 and seeing this issue with a existing partnership; any insights willbe helpful. 

[AssertionConsumer.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-01950] No SAML identity provider information found for IDP idp.ilp.qa.

[SAMLTunnelClient.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-01660] Exception caught in class com.netegrity.affiliateminder.webservices.saml2.dm, method getIdentityProviderInfoByID, message java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData". (, )

[AssertionConsumer.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-02890] Transaction with ID: 28b98dc5-668c1c59-9ac42ba2-2081d93a-a05e1fcd-c0 failed. Reason: ACS_NO_IDP_INFO_FOUND (, , )

Thank

Ashok

• 2.  Re: Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData

Posted Mar 19, 2015 03:22 PM

Anyone able to offer insight?

Thank you

Ashok Kandukuri wrote:

Hi

We have upgraded siteminder env from 12sp3 to 12.52spcr01 and seeing this issue with a existing partnership; any insights willbe helpful.

[AssertionConsumer.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-01950] No SAML identity provider information found for IDP idp.ilp.qa.

[SAMLTunnelClient.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-01660] Exception caught in class com.netegrity.affiliateminder.webservices.saml2.dm, method getIdentityProviderInfoByID, message java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData". (, )

[AssertionConsumer.java][ERROR][sm-FedClient-02890] Transaction with ID: 28b98dc5-668c1c59-9ac42ba2-2081d93a-a05e1fcd-c0 failed. Reason: ACS_NO_IDP_INFO_FOUND (, , )

Thank

Ashok

• 3.  Re: Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData

Posted Mar 19, 2015 03:44 PM

Ashok ashokk0987

Could you reconfirm is this a Partnership Model Solution OR a Legacy Model Solution?

It is confusing because you have mentioned it being an existing partnership and you have upgraded from R12SP3 to R12.52SPCR01? So it is unclear to me if the solution was in place before the upgrade (because Partnership Model did not exist in R12SP3). If it is a new partnership (R12.52 support partnership model) after the upgrade was completed, I doubt an upgrade is the issue.

Therefore kindly confirm, if the SAML Solution was present before the upgrade i.e. working before the upgrade?

Also confirm have you executed XPSSweeper post the upgrade?

Regards

Hubert

• 4.  Re: Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData

Posted Mar 19, 2015 04:21 PM

Hubert

I am seeing that error when we pointed our 12.52 agent to 12sp3 policy server. we corrected it by pointing to 12.52 policy server

and 12sp3 it is not partnership, it was regular legacy federation only.

• 5.  Re: Cannot parse bytes to a ProviderDataResponseData

Posted Mar 19, 2015 04:27 PM

Aha..... I see ashokk0987

WAOP is backward compatible only until R12SP3CR09. CA introduced WAOP backward compatibility recently in R12.5; however this is only until R12SP3CR09.

Before this WAOP were never backward compatible. Before R12.5, WAOP had to be on the same version as of Policy Server. What version is your R12SP3 Policy Server?

Nevertheless, I'd never recommend pointing a higher version client to a lower version Policy Server. Just being overly cautious.

Therefore you are correct in pointing 12.52 WAOP to 12.52 Policy Server. Hence it works.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Hubert