Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

IdentityMinder Environment - SUN to CA Corporate directory migration

• 1.  IdentityMinder Environment - SUN to CA Corporate directory migration

Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:46 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if we can preserve our IdentityMinder Environment

if

we are migrating coporate directory from SUNONE to CA (like to like).

I was thinking after the new CA coporate directory is created

I need to recreate a new IME (IdentityMInder Environment) {new diectroy.xml for CA directory}

And import environment_roles.xml and environment_settings.xml (not environment.xml)

And then test and debug

I was also wondering if the siteminder, report server would be preserved?

I would like to seek for a formal approval/ verification/ refutation of my proposed approach (If this is the right way to do it)

Or if there are simpiler /better/ cleaner ways to do it?

Also I would like to seek for some knowledge base articles to discuss about IME (Identity Manager) migration, when we do SUN to CA coporate directory migration like to like? I would like to follow some established steps for migration if possible.

Thank you very much

Eric

• 2.  Re: IdentityMinder Environment - SUN to CA Corporate directory migration
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:12 AM

I am assuming that you want all of the same roles and tasks as you had on SUNONE in the new environment with the new CA Directory directory.

If that is the case, the key here is to make sure that all of the physical attributes and mappings that are in the directory.xml are also in the new directory.xml for CA Directory. Otherwise, the roles and tasks may have references to those old attributes and they may fail. If you make the new directory stick closely with old one, you should be able to import the old environment's roles.xml with no problem.

You won't have to do anything with the IM/SM integration, as those settings aren't in the environment, but in the IM application configuration. If you're setting this new environment on the same application server, you should be fine.

W.

• 3.  Re: IdentityMinder Environment - SUN to CA Corporate directory migration

Posted Mar 27, 2015 02:25 PM

Thank you