AnsweredAssumed Answered

Policy Store Backup/Restore

Question asked by brodginskicc on Mar 20, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 by Sasikumar_42

We are planning our upgrade from Siteminder 12.0 SP3 to 12.52 SP1 CR1. The upgrade path we have chosen to take is a migration. We need a good backout plan in the (hopefully) unlikely event that we have a problem after we upgrade the policy store.

SO, if I do a policy store export prior to the upgrade and have a problem, can I re-import the 12.0 policy store over the upgraded policy store?

Another option I thought of

Export the policy store before it is upgraded, and import it into a separate container (our policy store is in AD) that we could point the policy servers to should we have a problem with the 12.52 policy store. This is assuming 12.52 policy servers will still be able to access a 12.0 policy store after the policy store they are using has been upgraded.

I am guessing importing a policy store export requires you build new Siteminder environment? You can't just create an OU and import the policy store, it has to be done through a policy server, right? If that's the case.....

Build a new 12.0 SP3 Policy Server and create an new policy store. Import the exported 12.0 policy store into the new policy store. Again, this is assuming 12.52 policy servers will still be able to access a 12.0 policy store after the policy store they are using has been upgraded.

I was kind of thinking this through as I wrote. Appreciate feedback, and any suggestions.

Outcomes