Clarity

• 1.  Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Posted Mar 24, 2015 12:45 PM

Dear Community,

does anybody have experience with running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 for CA PPM 13.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6?

One of our customers recently upgraded the server OS from RHEL 6.5 to 6.6, since then all our report instances directly enter the instance manager as "Pending" and will never finish, making it impossible to work with the server.

Can anybody confirm whether it is possible or supported to run CABI on RHEL 6.6?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance,

Dennis

• 2.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:31 AM

Hi dennis_itdesign

There seems to be some communication issues between clarity and BO and thats why the reports are going in pending, can you please run a report from CMC and see if the report is going in pending.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:35 AM

Hi Suman,

thanks for your response.

It's a BO issue since the report instance within CMC directly goes to status "Pending" after it arrives from Clarity. It also happens when we schedule a report directly in CMC.

Kind Regards,

Dennis

• 4.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2015 04:48 AM

Hi Dennis,

Looks like the registry of the RAS server is corrupted and we have provided you the registry clean up script via support ticket. If that has helps then please mark this thread as resolved.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2015 05:35 PM

Hi Dennis,

Please try the following in order to resolve the issue:

1. Connect to CMC Instance Manager - list all the reports. See if there is any report showing Running. If yes, Cancel and Delete it, then restart the server. Sometimes large (custom) report with no parameters specified can get stuck and block further report execution
    2. See when the last report run with Success was. Was it after the platform upgrade?
    3. Remove all Pending and Running reports. Bounce the entire server and try again
    4. Is the issue happening with both Crystal (OOTB Clarity reports are Crystal) and Webi reports? To check, you can create a very simple Webi report in Infoview and see if it runs fine. If it does, then we should look in the Crystal server BO service and see if the configuration is correct.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer

• 6.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Posted Mar 27, 2015 06:20 AM

Hi Nika,

thanks for your help.

The reports go to Pending, even when the whole queue is empty. So it's not that there are too many Reports Pending or Running.

I'll try to execute a WEBI-report, however I'll need some time since our customer blocks Java applications in their browser, making it impossible to use InfoView. Bummer! Still, it's a good idea to check if it's Crystal related.

Meanwhile I installed BOXI 3.1 SP7 on one of the servers, it did not change anything and after restarting the server, it did not fully start again. So, my situation has not improved.

Kind Regards,

Dennis

• 7.  Re: Running Business Objects 3.1 SP5 on Redhat 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2015 11:05 AM

Hi Dennis,

As per the BO 3.1 SP07 PAM guide, RHEL 6.6 is supported. If reports are still going to pending after a complete server reboot, this should be something related to the server.

Please could you check the following SAP requirement is installed on the Linux server with your network team:

The required libraries need to be installed on RHEL are as follows:

-compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6.i686 (compatibility standard C++ library from GCC 3.3.4)

-glibc-2.12-1 (RedHat advisory RHBA-2007:0619-3)

-libXext.i386

-libncurses.so.5

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer