Service Operations Insight

Expand all | Collapse all

Tech Tip: capman_da probe won't start due to error: Nisapi is not accessible at localhost:8006

• 1.  Tech Tip: capman_da probe won't start due to error: Nisapi is not accessible at localhost:8006

Posted Mar 24, 2015 03:52 PM

Problem:

The capman_da probe will not start and shows the below mesage:

Failure in starting the probe. Cause: Nisapi is not accessible at localhost:8006.

Mar 24 14:25:56:928 [main, capman_da] Failure in starting the probe. Cause: Nisapi is not accessible at localhost:8006. Check if the nisapi_wasp or nisapi_service_host package has been deployed and if the probe configuration is reflecting the correct nisapi host and port. The probe will not start without this pre-requisite.

Solution:

Verify the port configuration of the capman_da probe, specifically the nis_api_connection port parameter.  It should be set to the same port that the UIM UMP uses.

• 2.  Re: Tech Tip: capman_da probe won't start due to error: Nisapi is not accessible at localhost:8006

Posted Jul 28, 2015 06:47 AM

What about if there is no UMP because it runs on another machine. capman_da should be on primary hub but nis api where? How can I get know if nis api is running. I heard since UIM 8.1 it's just included, no instructions to care about but I have doubts...