Clarity

• 1.  GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 07:30 AM

On behalf of the CA Clarity PPM Information Services team, we are pleased to announce that the CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform is live and generally available on wiki.ca.com. The CA Clarity PPM DocOps Platform is your one-stop-shop and portal for all things CA Clarity PPM!

• Find content quickly with intuitive search.
    • Access up-to-date information on mobile devices.
    • View new articles on the CA Clarity PPM Cookbook.
    • Export content to PDF and EPUB.
    • Rate or comment on any article.
    • Provide us with feedback.
    • Easily connect and collaborate with your Community.
    • Be social and learn using PPM-related YouTube videos, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and BrightTALK.
    • Learn about suggested Education Offerings to get the most out of your CA Clarity PPM investment.
    • Discover valuable content such as knowledge base articles, known defects, a JasperSoft FAQ, Oracle and SQL Server performance whitepapers, release and support announcements, service pack information, the solution pack, and much more…

Use the DocOps platform as your "go-to" resource for the CA Clarity PPM documentation. Let us know what you think and leave a comment. Make sure to stop by the Meet the Writers page and say Hi to the Clarity writing team!

Note: The CA Clarity PPM On Demand DocOps Platform will be available soon with the Service Availability of CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On Demand. Stay tuned for an announcement.

Thanks,

- The CA Clarity PPM Writing Team (Damon Logiudice, Tina Mastrobuono, Sarmistha Purkayastha, Rosy Sunder, and John George)

• 2.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:31 AM

Just to confirm, are all visitors expected to see this banner on the main landing page whether they have access or not?

restricted_content.png

This shows when I visit the page but I wondered if it was perhaps an oddity for some internal users only (I'm getting SSO authenticated on the CA network to the wiki without a login prompt, it shows me as logged in, and yet this is not my support online account.  If I logout and login again, it again passes me through SSO and I am not having the opportunity to use the support online login).

• 3.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:53 AM

I get the same message when logged in as an external user. 

docopsloggedin.jpg

• 4.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Otherwise, it's pretty slick.

• 5.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Good to know - thanks all.

• 6.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:54 AM

I'm seeing the same message. I did see the URL redirection pass me through the SAML login page and I show as logged in up in the corner. The few pages I've tried to view so far have worked without issue though.

• 7.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 11:13 AM

Hello @Nick, @Andrew, and @L. Elias - great conversation here and great questions. I can elaborate and help you out. When you initially hit the DocOps site, we have a mix of public content, but we still have some restricted content. The messaging at the top of the main wiki page is intended to be there to just kindly remind people that if they want the "best" wiki experience, to log in immediately so you see all public and restricted content. That's all.

The reason for the messaging when you drill further down into the category boxes is to catch those people who still haven't logged in. For example, you don't see any of the Installing and Upgrading content until you log in, so the messaging is there. You'll also see this under Administrating, and Reference. It's a backup, if you will, to kindly prompt people to log in to see it.

We also have messaging when you get into the "Additional Reference Material" content other than the product docs. Such as: Jaspersoft FAQ, Oracle and SQL Server Whitepapers, etc. These docs are hosted on the PPM Support Page. The messaging is there because if you search for these immediately upon accessing the wiki, and you click the hyperlink, and you are not logged in to CA Support Online, you will need to do that to see that content.

So in summary, these are just "layers" of messaging to help protect that "restricted" content. If you are already logged in, just ignore the message and click the hyperlink in the text to see the content and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

• 8.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 25, 2015 12:26 PM

Thanks for sharing this with the community John!

JOHN George wrote:

On behalf of the CA Clarity PPM Information Services team, we are pleased to announce that the CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform is live and generally available on wiki.ca.com. The CA Clarity PPM DocOps Platform is your one-stop-shop and portal for all things CA Clarity PPM!

• Find content quickly with intuitive search.
    • Access up-to-date information on mobile devices.
    • View new articles on the CA Clarity PPM Cookbook.
    • Export content to PDF and EPUB.
    • Rate or comment on any article.
    • Provide us with feedback.
    • Easily connect and collaborate with your Community.
    • Be social and learn using PPM-related YouTube videos, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and BrightTALK.
    • Learn about suggested Education Offerings to get the most out of your CA Clarity PPM investment.
    • Discover valuable content such as knowledge base articles, known defects, a JasperSoft FAQ, Oracle and SQL Server performance whitepapers, release and support announcements, service pack information, the solution pack, and much more…

Use the DocOps platform as your "go-to" resource for the CA Clarity PPM documentation. Let us know what you think and leave a comment. Make sure to stop by the Meet the Writers page and say Hi to the Clarity writing team!

Note: The CA Clarity PPM On Demand DocOps Platform will be available soon with the Service Availability of CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On Demand. Stay tuned for an announcement.

Thanks,

- The CA Clarity PPM Writing Team (Damon Logiudice, Tina Mastrobuono, Sarmistha Purkayastha, Rosy Sunder, and John George)

• 9.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM On Premise DocOps Platform

Posted Mar 26, 2015 07:54 AM

Kathryn Ellis of CA Support endorses our new CA Clarity PPM #DocOps Platform (wiki.ca.com/ppmop)! If you haven't checked it out yet, do so today!

Kathryn Ellis Endorses Clarity PPM DocOps.png