DX NetOps

• 1.  IM Tech event EMEA - May 20-21, 2015 - Ditton Park, UK

Posted Mar 25, 2015 03:57 PM

It is official, after many requests from the community CA is organizing a new DevXchange style technical focused event. The event will be held on May 20 and 21 at the CA facilities at Ditton Park in the UK.

All details and the ability to add this event to your calendar can be found here: CA Technologies IM DevXchange May 20-21, 2015 or on the calendar of one of the regional EMEA communities.

The intention is to have an event at a wonderful location with in depth technical sessions for actual users and admins of the products covered.

Just some personal advice based on my experience visiting this location:

- The Holiday Inn Express T5 where CA has a special rate, is in a convenient location, about a 20-30 min walk if you're not in too bad shape, or just a few pounds for a taxi ride (ask the hotel reception to call them for you and you will get Windsor cars with a good rate).

- To get to the HIE T5, you can use a regular black taxi from Heathrow airport which I heard will charge between 40 and 60 pounds for a one way trip. Alternatives are using a car service like Windsor cars which will get you there for a little over 20 pounds and can be booked in advance, or the Hotel Shuttle bus services at Heathrow Terminal 5 (stop 21-23 if I remember correctly) which is 5 pounds one way. You can use the free local trains at the airport to get to terminal 5, but it can take you some time especially if you arrive at terminal 4 and have to change trains to get there.

- If you stay at HIE T5, make sure you have the right hotel both for booking and transportation. There are more HIE hotels in that area and there is often confusion about which hotel is which. Although the HIE T5 should be the easiest to get to, especially if you take the airport bus service. Just be sure to make clear which hotel you mean if you are using a taxi or car service.

- If you want a better class hotel, or even closer (15 min walk), you can stay at the Heathrow Windsor Marriot.

I hope this will be the first in a new series of great technical events.

Looking forward to see you there.

Michiel

• 2.  Re: IM Tech event EMEA - May 20-21, 2015 - Ditton Park, UK

Posted May 08, 2015 07:27 AM

Hi Michiel,

I am very new to CA group and working as a consultant at Reading UK. I am working for instrumentation of fuse services here like we update the PBDs for including new services and create dashboards, etc. Just curious to know about this event. I went through the agenda but couldn't get much. So is it worth joining this event for a fresher like me?

• 3.  Re: IM Tech event EMEA - May 20-21, 2015 - Ditton Park, UK

Posted May 08, 2015 08:29 AM

It is a technical event and I think it would be worth attending for everyone who works with the Infrastructure Management products (UIM, Performance Management, Spectrum, eHealth). The content should be interesting for both new and experienced users. For new users it will be a great way to get an idea of all the features and capabilities of the products, while experienced users can do a deep dive in components where they are not using all the capabilities yet or to discuss their questions and challenges with CA experts and other users.

In general it should be a great knowledge and network event in a wonderful location.