Clarity

• 1.  How can I install the Advance Reporting content without the PMO Accelerator

Posted Mar 27, 2015 05:19 AM

Hi there,

when migrating CA Clarity PPM 13.x or 14.1 to 14.2 and integrating Jaspersoft, we have to install first the latest PMO Accelerator:

"Import the Jaspersoft content after installing the PMO Accelerator add-in. For more information, see the PMO Accelerator Release Notes."

This means that we will overwrite the configurations of our customers already using the PMO Accelerator.

Is there a possibility to avoid this problem by just installing the delta between PMO Accelerator 13.x and 14.2?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: How can I install the Advance Reporting content without the PMO Accelerator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2015 05:24 AM

Hi GeorgSchmid2014,

Even if you install PMO you still need to go under Content Addin and upgrade, Incase you dont want changes you can leave that and only upgrade the reports which is new.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How can I install the Advance Reporting content without the PMO Accelerator

Posted Mar 30, 2015 08:23 AM

Hi Suman,

thank you for your reply.

Even with this option, in the past we faced several issues when upgrading the PMO Accelerator, especially for customers which were not using it before:

Most of the custom objects were affected by the installation.

Therefore, we seek for a way to identify the parts of the CSK which is really needed for Jaspersoft as we cannot see a logical or technical reason why the two content packs should be linked.

Do you have any hints where to start?

• 4.  Re: How can I install the Advance Reporting content without the PMO Accelerator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi GeorgSchmid2014

The PMO content will have various content types/roles etc. For jaspersoft technically i don't have any specifics which needs to be installed. May be you can try not touching the view and then upgrade rest.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: How can I install the Advance Reporting content without the PMO Accelerator

Posted Jun 09, 2015 06:22 AM

Hi Suman,

thank you very much for your reply! As you suggested, the installation of the PMO accellerator does not modify current configurations if the changes are not activated under Content Add-Ins.

This is great to know