Clarity

• 1.  Project specific portlet in Project tab

Posted Mar 27, 2015 04:28 PM

Hello,

We are on 13.3 and auditing on Assignment object is not working, it is a known defect. I am thinking of writing a portlet and make it available on a project tab.

Please educate if you have done similar thing and any other ideas to solve the issue

Thank you,

Rajani.

• 2.  Re: Project specific portlet in Project tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 02:24 AM

Hi Rajana,

Doesn't familiar to a bug, can you please remove the audited attributed and add them again. Let me know how that goes.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Project specific portlet in Project tab

Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:00 AM

This is a defect in 13.3 CLRT-72889.

Assignment changes are being logged in to audit tables but UI does not show it. This defect is fixed in 14.1. I tried your suggestion and it did not make any difference,

select t.prname Task, (select full_name from srm_resources where id=a.prresourceid) res, u.column_name, u.value_before, u.value_after,u.created_date

from cmn_audits u, prassignment a, prtask t

where u.object_code='assignment' and u.object_id = a.prid

and a.prtaskid=t.prid and t.prprojectid=5118257

and u.created_Date > '01-JAN-2015'

My question is how to create a query based portlet to be available on the project tab with parameter to filter by that specific project.

• 4.  Re: Project specific portlet in Project tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:07 AM

Hi Rajani,

Thanks yes this is no longer reproducible in 14.1 onwards. to show in project tab you can create a tab under default project layout or any custom project layout and then add the portlet in this tab so that you can see instance based data.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Project specific portlet in Project tab
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:52 AM

Instead of using a query with the project ID hard-coded, like this:

and a.prtaskid=t.prid and t.prprojectid=5118257

You'll want to change to using an NSQL construct that works with your chosen place for the portlet, to maybe this:

and a.prtaskid=t.prid and t.prprojectid=@where:param:xml:integer:/data/id/@value@

The following links are to articles and other threads that cover this change in more detail:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec438961.aspx

How to default to project instance within NSQL portlet?

There are some other changes to the query above needed before it is fully converted to one that is usable as an NSQL query for a portlet, but I think that addresses the need of this specific question?

• 6.  Re: Project specific portlet in Project tab

Posted Apr 02, 2015 02:54 PM

This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you!!!