Clarity

• 1.  How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Hi all,

When creating an ad hoc report, it is possible in the Data Chooser wizard to save the configuration of the fields, pre-filters and display as a topic in the 4th step.

When opening the Data Chooser again, it should be possible to see the topic in first page - at least if using the same user who created the topic before. Unfortunately, I cannot see any topic.

Checking with superuser, I can see the domain in the organization's Ad Hoc Components - Topics folder. In the permissions, I can see that the ROLE_USER and also the user who created the topic has the Read + Write + Delete right on the resource.

What could be an explanation is that the ROLE_USER and all other users have no right on the Topics directory. But even after assigning this right to the ROLE_USER, the directory did not get visible.

Therefore, I have really no clue why the user cannot see anything.

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:55 AM

Hi GeorgSchmid2014,

I haven't created any adhoc views/reports as its said that –Ad Hoc Views and Ad Hoc Reports are not included as part of 14.2 and might not perform well in this release.Also i don't find that Topics are provide as part of release,

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:14 AM

Hi Suman,

thank you for your quick reply! Could you please tell me the source of your statement that Ad Hoc Views are not included in 14.2?

In the Wiki (https://wiki.ca.com/display/CCPPMOP142/Advanced+Reporting) I can read that Ad Hoc Reporting is supported. In fact, this is the main benefit of 14.2 and the purpose of the whole data warehouse.

The topics are not mentioned anywhere, but they are a key feature to simplify the usage of ad hoc reporting: Otherwise, each user had to do the configuration work again for each new ad hoc report.

Therefore, I kindly ask you to check how the topics can be used in Advanced Reporting.

• 4.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 01:59 PM

Hi George,

I apologize for the misunderstanding, actually what I meant to say was outbox box ad hoc views and dashboard was not provided.

Regarding topics I will test and come back.

Once again sorry for the confusion.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2015 02:50 PM

Hello George,

Topics are special type of components which act as a topic when they are saved under Adhoc Components / Topics folder. You can save it in any other folder but in this case they will be considered as ordinary reports (since they are simple JRXML). This is the default behavior of Jaspersoft.

At present Adhoc Components folder is hidden that is why you do not see it when you login as a CA PPM user. However, this folder is visible to superuser hence you get it when you directly login to Jaspersoft as a superuser.

Just to update you- This is a high priority backlog item for the release under development.

Trust this answers your question.

Thanks,

Namita

• 6.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 31, 2015 03:22 AM

Hi Namita,

thank you for the hint with the Adhoc Components folder: After assigning the Read+Write right to the CA PPM user, Topics can be used as needed.

Regards

Georg

• 7.  Re: How I can use the topics in Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 31, 2015 07:02 AM

Hello George,

That's correct and organization has to make these changes from the Jaspersoft.

Thanks,

Namita