DX NetOps

• 1.  Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted Mar 30, 2015 02:22 PM

I am creating some simple filesystem monitors using Spectrum. When one of my disk alarms triggers, the alarm is asserted on the disk drive. I want the name of the device to be the server name - I dont see a checkbox to assert this alarm on the parent model - is there an attribute to accomplish this

• 2.  Re: Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted Mar 30, 2015 06:07 PM

I'm guessing that these are entries in the "Monitored File Systems (RFC2790)" table... Just flip "Generate Alarm On" from Monitored File System Model to Device Model.

• 3.  Re: Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted Mar 31, 2015 07:07 AM

Not to be dense but I don’t see an attribute on the file system model – or a check box on the file system rules to assert the alarm on the device model

• 4.  Re: Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted Mar 31, 2015 12:41 PM

Monitored File Systems.png

This is on CA SPECTRUM v9.4.1 so if you're not running this, you may not have this option.

This is also on the device model under System Resources --> File Systems --> Monitored File Systems (RFC2790)

• 5.  Re: Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted Mar 31, 2015 01:23 AM

Dan,

If you would like to do this on a bunch of file system models follow this

1. Create a rule from oc -> locator -> system and file system monitoring

2. Create a file system rule set under this rule

3. Apply rule to a GC

4. Look for the attribute "Dmon send alarms to" on the parent rule and change this to  "Device"

• 6.  Re: Dumb Question - A spectrum Filesystem monitor - how do you assert alarm on server model instead of disk model

Posted May 13, 2016 01:45 PM

I am unable to edit the "DMON" attributes although I can edit "PMON" attributes, any ideas or other way to edit DMON.

I have created a couple disk monitoring rules...

Thank you