Clarity

• 1.  Pentaho data integration

Posted Mar 31, 2015 09:45 AM

We haven't stood up 14.2 yet but looking through the documentation, it looks like a Pentaho job is run in Clarity that populates the new datamart with Clarity data periodically. As far as I can tell this job is integrated in Clarity directly (java?) rather than using the Pentaho tool itself. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of usage or plan on extending and using Pentaho to integrate with any of their other systems?

I'm downloading their toolset to take a look to see how feasible it is to create other integrations and ideally be run via a Clarity job as well, just wanted to see if anyone else was planning something similar?

• 2.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Apr 16, 2015 01:09 PM

Can anyone answer Lino's question?

Thanks

Pentaho data integration

We haven't stood up 14.2 yet but looking through the documentation, it looks like a Pentaho job is run in Clarity that populates the new datamart with Clarity data periodically. As far as I can tell this job is integrated in Clarity directly (java?) rather than using the Pentaho tool itself. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of usage or plan on extending and using Pentaho to integrate with any of their other systems?

I'm downloading their toolset to take a look to see how feasible it is to create other integrations and ideally be run via a Clarity job as well, just wanted to see if anyone else was planning something similar?

• 3.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:57 PM

You are correct that the job is directly integrated to Clarity. But, all of the ETL scripts can be opened via the Pentaho Kettle tool.  They are .kjb and .ktr files in the /META-INF/Datamart/etlscripts folder.

We have also successfully created a new transformation (.ktr) and job (.kjb).  We then added them to a Clarity folder, created a Clarity job and pointed it to the .kjb file.  It worked.  It was purely done as POC but it shows what is possible.

We plan to show how this is done via our Data Warehouse training session at Rego U in early May. 

Thanks,

Josh

• 4.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Apr 16, 2015 04:30 PM

Awesome, thats exactly what I wanted to know. We dont have 14.2 stood up just yet so I couldn't tinker with that part of it, but I've been playing with the designer tool (Spoon) to create a new transform. I look forward to the demo!

• 5.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Apr 16, 2015 04:52 PM

• 6.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Feb 25, 2016 05:30 AM

I'm currently investigating the possibilities of Pentaho it looks like there is no OEM licence for this tooling which is supported within Clarity (ETL Job).

Does any one know how to obtain this licence OEM?

kind regards,

Elwin

• 7.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Mar 29, 2016 07:39 AM

I found this site: Pentaho Community

• 8.  Re: Pentaho data integration

Posted Dec 14, 2017 05:07 AM

Pentaho Data Integration (PDI, also called Kettle) is the component of Pentaho responsible for the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes. Though ETL tools are most frequently used in data warehouses environments, PDI can also be used for other purposes: Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) Tutorial - Pentaho Data Integration - Pentaho Wiki