Clarity

• 1.  How to create input controls in Advance Reporting

Posted Apr 01, 2015 04:00 AM

In order to create input controls, I had to use the superuser to assign write rights to my CA PPM user in Advanced Reporting. Otherwise, I get the exception "Access denied" when creating a Query resource.

Is there another way to achieve this without having to use the superuser?

• 2.  Re: How to create input controls in Advance Reporting

Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:23 AM

Hello George,

In case a user has no write permission for a report he has no option to edit the report at all otherwise input control creates without issues.

The user or the role he belongs to should have write permission to the report.

Thank You!!

Namita Mishra

• 3.  Re: How to create input controls in Advance Reporting

Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:41 AM

Hello Namita,

in fact, I upoaded the report using the connetion to the JasperReports Server configured with the superuser from the Studio. I could not use the CA PPM user as I don't know the password created by CA PPM in Jaspersoft.

What I can do with my CA PPM user is to edit the report and change the input control or define whether it should appear in page or as a pop-up. Therefore, the rights on the report is not the problem.

The problem is that independently from the report, the CA PPM user is not able to create a query resource on the CA PPM datasource "CA PPM BEAN" despite the fact the user has the roles ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER and ROLE_DATASOURCE_DESIGNER which both have read rights on the datasource.