Symantec IGA

• 1.  Identity Manager SDK: Entry point to SDK from a standalone java class?

Posted Apr 01, 2015 11:02 AM

Would like to know if there is a way to build an IMContext from a standalone java class. The idea is to connect to IME, get/build IM Context and use various IM providers to gather information. Please advise.

I can invoke IM tasks with TEWS with no issues.

Thanks,

Sashi

• 2.  Re: Identity Manager SDK: Entry point to SDK from a standalone java class?

Posted Apr 14, 2015 03:56 PM

Anyone able to offer any assistance on this question?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: Identity Manager SDK: Entry point to SDK from a standalone java class?

Posted Apr 15, 2015 05:15 PM

Sashi,

Please clarify the architecture you may be wanting to build.

For example, an IdM Task you may execute through TEWS - may invoke a BLTH.   That BLTH would have a BLTHContext which is a sub-interface of IMContext.    You could pass values to the BLTH via the TEWS SOAP message.   Is this what you are trying to do?

Or something else?  Please explain.

• 4.  Re: Identity Manager SDK: Entry point to SDK from a standalone java class?

Posted Apr 15, 2015 05:41 PM

LSyski,

Invoking IM admin tasks using TEWS works fine.

I wanted to see if there is a way to query IDM from a standalone java class (without having to enable webservice, generate client stubs, etc). For example, I want to lookup an IM user attributes or roles, for which say I dont have an IM admin task defined, but I wanted to use the provider classes (UserProvider, RoleProvider, etc) to lookup information.

Challenge: how to establish the initial context to IDM from a standalone java class. Is there a way to login to IME using sdk from a standalone java class and get the IM context (without using TEWS)?

Thank you..!

• 5.  Re: Identity Manager SDK: Entry point to SDK from a standalone java class?

Posted Apr 17, 2015 12:13 PM

You can pick up IMContext - or one of its Subinterfaces - in any of the standard IdM exits: Business Logic Task Handlers, Logical Attribute Handlers, Participant Resolvers, Email Templates, or Workflow Scripts.   I don't know of any other exits that you could use.   Let us know if you find any.