Clarity

• 1.  How to configure users who require access for approvals but are not factors in resource capacity?

Posted Apr 01, 2015 01:41 PM

Gosh I hope this isn't a silly question . . . I have certain resources who require access to Clarity (i.e.  managers and such) but, who should not be factored into total resource capacity because they are not "workers." They just require access to Clarity. They show up on resource availability reports and such but, I don't want them to.

How do I configure these "non-resource" types so they can access Clarity for workflow and timesheet approvals (etc.) but, do not impact resource capacity?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: How to configure users who require access for approvals but are not factors in resource capacity?

Posted Apr 01, 2015 02:48 PM

Setting the availability to zero through the length of the working in the calendar would set the capacity to zero.

Maybe you could also set them active as users and after that non-active as resources,

• 3.  Re: How to configure users who require access for approvals but are not factors in resource capacity?

Posted Apr 01, 2015 04:55 PM

Thank you for your response. I have attempted to set the availability to zero but am met with this error message, "Availability must be greater than zero."

How would I set them active as users and non-active as resources?

• 4.  Re: How to configure users who require access for approvals but are not factors in resource capacity?

Posted Apr 02, 2015 04:48 AM

One way do to it is this

Select all days and click Set Shifts

Click save and Return

Another ways is to set all days non working days.