DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How can we assign in UMP a profile automaticaly linked with ACL of the user

Posted Apr 02, 2015 10:17 AM

Hi,

We want to assign a UMP profile on first logon in UMP depending of the  ACL's.The Logon will be done by LDAP when user connect for the fisrt time we want that a UMP profile is automatically assigned. This UMP profile will be linked to the ACL's group.

Have somebody a solution or a idea ?

Joel.

• 2.  Re: How can we assign in UMP a profile automaticaly linked with ACL of the user

Posted Apr 02, 2015 08:31 PM

Can anyone assist Joel with this question? Thank you!

• 3.  Re: How can we assign in UMP a profile automaticaly linked with ACL of the user

Posted Apr 06, 2015 08:40 AM

So far all I've been able to achieve in a similar situation is assigning one common default. I have not found a way to have Liferay pick a predefined profile.

Since you are asking here, I presume you have exhausted efforts via support?

Or have you tried the Liferay forums? There might be something out there for the general product that's not known to us.

-Garin

• 4.  Re: How can we assign in UMP a profile automaticaly linked with ACL of the user

Posted Apr 06, 2015 08:59 AM

You can direct users to communities (sites nowadays) with login hooks. I suppose you can create something similar for profiles, override the default lar based on LDAP group.

-jon

• 5.  Re: How can we assign in UMP a profile automaticaly linked with ACL of the user

Posted Apr 06, 2015 12:16 PM

There was a custom class written by a forum user here that achieves this as we use it today so far it works all the way up to 8.2.    Not sure on the search functions in this forum but search for umplandingpage class.