Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

• 1.  Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Apr 02, 2015 02:02 PM

I'm at a loss as to why I can't seem to figure this one out. On my default Project List View, I have configured image fields with links to various tabs and subpages within the project, including: Team Detail, Gantt, and Status Report List. A key remaining gap here, which would complete this set of highly functional shortcuts, is to also provide one for the Risks/Issues/Changes tab. But for the life of me, I cannot find nor create any link option that will allow me to do that.

Am I missing something, or is this just not possible?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

• 3.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Apr 07, 2015 11:42 AM

Thank you - This worked.  Its a bit unorthodox and I'm surprised its not something available out of the box. And the URL Redirect portlet transition is visible to the end user for a couple seconds which is a bit disconcerting. However, it works, so good enough for me. Thanks again!

• 4.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Apr 08, 2015 01:33 AM

Welcome

Please mark the thread as resolved if you were able to achieve what you desired

NJ

• 5.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:30 PM

So this was great, and I was really thankful for the help. It worked well in my Clarity 13.2 environment.

However, something about this broke after the upgrade to Clarity 14.2. Can anyone help me determine what the problem may be or why this URL Redirect Link no longer worked in 14.2?

• 6.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:46 PM

Something similar happened to me . in 13.2.  I had to re-create it and then it worked again. Though, have not used URL redirect in 14.2.

• 7.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:37 PM

Anyone else encountered this? For some reason, the URL Redirect script in the HTML portlet which was created for 13.2 stopped working when we upgraded to 14.2. The url for the Risk List page does not seem to have changed - cannot ascertain why this is no longer working.

Please help!

• 8.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:59 PM

There have been some added protections to the product in 14.x versions as URL redirects can sometimes be used to conduct malicious attacks.  To see if your own url redirects have become selected for this criteria (rightly or wrongly), please check the app-ca.log file after trying to access the page/url in question.  You should see some indication there if the product is intentionally applying a restriction on your method.

• 9.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:02 PM

Thanks...that's very helpful. I'll check the logs. Workaround?

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

• 10.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 02, 2015 09:29 AM

Workarounds will depend on your URL and the results of any messages in the logs.

• 11.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 02, 2015 09:38 AM
      |   view attached

I don’t know if I’m checking the right logs, but I checked several of them and did not see any messages or errors at all that seemed to be related to my operation and the url redirection

Matthew Palicki, PMP, CSM

Manager, IT Project Portfolio

Information Technology (IT)

Perrysburg - Plaza 3

One Michael Owens Way P3

Perrysburg Ohio 43551-2999 US

Office : +1 567-336-8498

Mobile : +1 419-902-1388

www.o-i.com<http://www.o-i.com/>

glassislife.com<http://www.glassislife.com/>

• 12.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 05, 2015 10:50 AM

You may have already checked them too, but I was a bit remiss in forgetting that we've added new log files specifically to capture this information and so it may go out into the app-security-violations.log files instead of app-ca.log now.

• 13.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:02 PM

Try recreating it again.

• 14.  Re: Attribute link to Risks/Issues/Changes?

Posted Oct 02, 2015 09:33 AM
      |   view attached

I presume you meant to try recreating the HTML portlet. I did so, and it got a little further – It opens a separate tab with “URL Redirection” in the Clarity window, but it never brings up my Risk List.

I’ll have to view the logs and see if I can get any info from there

Matthew Palicki, PMP, CSM

Manager, IT Project Portfolio

Information Technology (IT)

Perrysburg - Plaza 3

One Michael Owens Way P3

Perrysburg Ohio 43551-2999 US

Office : +1 567-336-8498

Mobile : +1 419-902-1388

www.o-i.com<http://www.o-i.com/>

glassislife.com<http://www.glassislife.com/>