ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  can one download a mainframe file with new 11.4 sftp_job?

Posted Apr 10, 2015 04:16 PM

Hello forum,  It appears one can transfer mainframe files to a server running an agent, by using the ftp_job, but wonder if this can be done using the new sftp_job under agent v11.4?

We'd prefer to use sftp as opposed to ssl if possible, and have a number of users that have mainframe files that currently sftp by copying the mainframe file down to the mainframe's unix services hfs first and then invoke sftp from within unix services... a lot of bother! 

It could be so much easier for them if they could skip the copying down to the hfs part and just leave the mainframe files where they sit and move them to a server that runs a v11.4 agent via an sftp_job.

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of same?  (and if anyone has done this could they share what the coding of the sftp_job would be?  I imagine the mainframe file would need double-quoting)

We are just going to esp edition v11.4. most of our agents are 11.3, but if we could sftp mainframe files, it would be worth our efforts to upgrade the agents for that reason alone.

thanks

• 2.  Re: can one download a mainframe file with new 11.4 sftp_job?

Posted Apr 12, 2015 09:05 PM

We were able to down load and upload to open vms system using sftp in 11.3.6.

• 3.  Re: can one download a mainframe file with new 11.4 sftp_job?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 03:59 PM

Has anyone heard the answer to this? We are about to embark on a major change to all Internal FTP jobs, and would like to know if we should investigate the use of ESP SFTP jobs as a focal point. So far I get the impression that SFTP is not supported for Mainframe batch, and that on Windows, the SSH stack needs to be added, but is not packaged with the ESP Agent.

Thanks,

Dave

• 4.  Re: can one download a mainframe file with new 11.4 sftp_job?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 07:47 AM

I was told by support that SFTP to and from the MF is not supported currently.  I have an IDEA out there asking for that support, please go out and vote it up.

• 5.  Re: can one download a mainframe file with new 11.4 sftp_job?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 08:08 AM

Thanks, I have actually already up-voted two of your ideas relating to FTP jobs .

Dave