Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

• 1.  Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 13, 2015 01:40 PM

Hi Folks

Clarity 14.2

Oracle Linux Server Release 6.6

DB Oracle 11G

CA PPM Jaspersoft Version = 4.7

JasperSoft Version = JaperReportServer 5.6.1 Enterprise (20140903_1011)

When trying to execute a Jaspersoft Report from Home > Personal > Advaced Reporting.

Got error:

Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

It happens for all the Advance Reporting users and with all the reports.

New installation, never worked before. See attached FULL error and screenshot

Thanks for your help and cooperation

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 13, 2015 01:43 PM

screenshot.png

Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:489) at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:553) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:254) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:528) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connectUsingDriver(PooledConnection.java:278) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connect(PooledConnection.java:182) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.createConnection(ConnectionPool.java:701) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.borrowConnection(ConnectionPool.java:635) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.init(ConnectionPool.java:486) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.<init>(ConnectionPool.java:144) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.pCreatePool(DataSourceProxy.java:116) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.createPool(DataSourceProxy.java:103) at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.getConnection(DataSourceProxy.java:127) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.TibcoDriverManagerImpl.getOriginalConnection(TibcoDriverManagerImpl.java:186) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.TibcoDriverManagerImpl.unlockConnection(TibcoDriverManagerImpl.java:77) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.JdbcDataSourceService.createConnection(JdbcDataSourceService.java:55) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.BaseJdbcDataSource.setReportParameterValues(BaseJdbcDataSource.java:49) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.JdbcDataSourceService.setReportParameterValues(JdbcDataSourceService.java:68) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.executeQuery(EngineServiceImpl.java:2146) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2015 02:13 PM

Hi German,

Based on your screenshot, it looks like the database connection is not working.

Is Jaspersoft report server showing Available in NSA, is the Create JS Users jobs running successfully and creating the users?

What is the database used by Jaspersoft, is it Niku or Datawarehouse? If it's DWH, have you done the configuration as per Installation Guide?

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 13, 2015 02:25 PM

Hello Nika.

Thanks for helping me .. In response to your answers:

1) Report Server is showing available on the NSA

2) The Create JS Users job did run sucessfully (after checking your  post Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation)

3) Database used By Jaspersoft it a new DB created for it .. - DWH has not being configured. Installation guide has been followed.

4) Database connection has been checked using this procedure:

The connection can be tested by following these steps:

1. 1.    Log in to Clarity with a user that has been assigned the "Advanced Reporting - Administrator" global right.
    2. 2.    Navigate to Home -> Advanced Reporting
    3. 3.    Select View -> Repository
    4. 4.    In the Folders panel, browse to <organization> -> CA PPM -> Data Sources
    5. 5.    Select the "CA PPM BEAN' entry and click "Edit"
    6. 6.    Click the "Test Connection" button.
    7. 7.    Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the "CA PPM DWH BEAN" entry

and I get Connection passed on both.....

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 13, 2015 02:33 PM

Nika:

From Jaspersoft I was able to run an internal report called JSDiagnosticReport

I cannot attach it here but I did on 00071814: Jaspersoft Reports ERROR MSJ

Seems like it provides useful information. None of the Clarity Reports are working.

Thanks for your help and cooperation

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2015 03:27 PM

Hi German,

Thanks for the details, looks like you have done a lot of checking already.
    If you go to NSA - Reporting, have you set up the database there as Niku or Datawarehouse? If DWH, then it will have to be set up prior to querying it for data. Also ensure the DWH user is created with all the rights as per the Install Guide.
    I also see in your log it says Connection refused, that might be environmental. May be worth checking it out too.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:41 AM

Nika :

Can use Advance reporting without DWH? No one was able to answer that question yet

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:09 AM

Hi German,

Please see my answer below : DWH is required for Jaspersoft setup. After the setup is done, it's required for most OOTB PMO reports to run.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 9.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 13, 2015 06:58 PM

I'm having the same problem so if you do find a solution please post it.

I found a section in the Installation guide that talked about Multicast configuration.  I didn't follow it because I only have a single app server and a single report server.  German did you see this and did you try it?

A tthe moment my CSA is configured to query the NIKU database (not the DWH) are the PMO reports configured to only work against the DWH?

I can't find any instructions outlining how to properly create the organization and it's weird to me that there's no place to enter the password though I suppose the auth key could be taking care of that so the PW isn't needed.

Since the create user job runs successfully it would appear that PPM is talking to Jaspersoft just fine.  But I'm guessing that Jaspersoft is not talking to the CA PPM DB correctly.  Back when we were using BO there was a place where we configured the connection (via the designer IIRC) from the reporting server to the transactional database.  Is there something similar for Jaspersoft?

BO used the NIKU TNS names entry what does JS use?

As a best guess I checked the datasources under my organization name -> CA PPM -> Data sources -> CA PPM BEAN and the test was successful. So that at least is working.

Where else should I check?

• 10.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 07:50 AM

Hello Plidian

I am suspecting The Data Warehouse is required to put Advanced Reporting to work.

• 11.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 09:34 AM

Hi GermanK,

yes, you are right: The DWH is required:

https://communities.ca.com/message/241784781?et=watches.email.thread#241784781

• 12.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:06 AM

Hi German,

Yes, as GeorgSchmid2014 correctly said above, DWH database is required for the OOTB PMO reports.

Here is a reference to our documentation  in Administration Guide:

Advanced Reporting Overview

Advanced Reporting lets you create ad hoc views of CA Clarity PPM data and save the views as reports. You can then email the reports, export them, or consume them as is. To create ad hoc views, report builders select from a set of advanced reporting domains that contain out-of-the-box product data. The domains are the meta data layer to the CA Clarity PPM Data Warehouse. You need the PMO Accelerator add-in with Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting content to view domains and reports. See the PMO Accelerator Release Notes for more information.

The following diagram shows the advanced reporting data components. The Data Warehouse and the advanced reporting domains form the foundation of the reporting architecture. For more technical information about the Data Warehouse schema and the domain field definitions, see the Advanced Reporting and Database Schema Index on CA Support.

2366914.png

The CA Clarity PPM Data Warehouse is the main data source of the CA Clarity PPM advanced reporting solution. The Data Warehouse schema is optimized specifically for reporting and analytics. The schema includes the Investment, Resource, Portfolio, Timesheet, and Project objects. The schema is populated at scheduled intervals by the Load Data Warehouse and the Load Data Warehouse Access Rights jobs. The jobs extract the relevant data from the CA Clarity PPM database, transform the data, and load it into the Data Warehouse. The Data Warehouse can be extended to include custom objects and attributes.

A standard set of table prefixes, lookups, fact tables, and queries are used in the Data Warehouse to work with any reporting tool. See Data Warehouse Conventions for more information.

Advanced Reporting lets you create both ad hoc reports and Jaspersoft Studio reports.

The out-of-the-box reports that are shipped with the PMO Accelerator add-in are Jaspersoft Studio reports. These reports are SQL reports written directly against the Data Warehouse. A few of these reports are written against the CA Clarity PPM database. See the PMO Accelerator for Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting Product Guide for more information about these reports.

• 13.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:14 AM

This is it. Thanks a lot for helping me up.

I will install and configure DWH and if there is anything new let you know.

Best Regards

• 14.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 04:42 PM

Any Luck German?  I already had the DWH installed so I went into the CSA and set that as the database for the Jaspersoft reporting.  I verified that I had run the load datawarehouse jobs and that they had completed successfully.  But I'm getting the same IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Interestingly enough when i try and run a report straight from JS I get told "You must apply input values before the report can be displayed." So I'm not sure if that matters.

• 15.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 10:27 AM

I'm having the same problem.

However the create job and update jaspersoft users job fails with a login failure for the ppmjasperadmin user.

This user is created (according to the install guide) during the import of the jaspersoft content. No idea which password is created or on how to 'recreate' this.

If I understand correctly, the DWH user/pw combination is used within Jaspersoft to get data for the reports.

The ppmjasperadmin user is used by clarity to connect to Jaspersoft to run the reports.

If I run a report from within Jaspersoft I get an engine Error :

2015-04-14 15:32:08,114 ERROR GenericExceptionMapper,http-apr-8080-exec-5:47 - Unexpected error occurs

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.executeQuery(EngineServiceImpl.java:2146)

2015-04-14 16:03:10,500 ERROR GenericExceptionMapper,http-apr-8080-exec-1:47 - Unexpected error occurs

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: jsexception.error.creating.connection

This looks like a connection error to the dwh database.

From Clarity, advanced reporting => View => Repository => Data Sources => CA PPM BEAN The connection test is ok

From Jaspersoft, advance reporting=>View =>Repository => Data Sources => CA PPM BEAN The connection test fails.

The only difference between the 2 is the Save location (which is greyed out and cannot be changed.)

If someone has further ideas, they would be more than welcome :-)

• 16.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi Frank,

ppmjasperadmin user is only used to perform system tasks, not run reports. After the Create Jaspersoft Users job runs, it creates the different Clarity users, and they run the reports against their own username.

Does Jaspersoft show available in NSA? There is no ppmjasperadmin password required in NSA for the job.

Check if you are able to see this user in Jaspersoft console, connecting with superuser.

Also please ensure that after installing the content, you installed it against the correct organization, and ppmjasperadmin is created against the correct organization, then both Clarity and JS services have been restarted.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 17.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:27 AM

Hi Nika,

To answer your questions :

yes, jaspersoft shows available in NSA.

But in the jaspersoft console, I can see the ppmjasperadmin user, but it is in the root, not under the organization.

Is there a way to update this ?

Or should I redo the installation again.

Also, in your Tuesday tips, you say to use a different tomcat version than the one used for clarity. Is there a recommended version ? (V8.x is available)

Regards,

Frank

• 18.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:33 AM

Hi Frank,

Please delete and recreate the user manually under the correct Organization, then hit Edit and provide the same permissions. Then please re-run the job and see if that works.

Concerning Tomcat : only version 7.0.55 is supported as per our Release Notes. No other environmental configurations are supported, only what is stated in the Release Notes. In my post I meant a separate installation, not a different version.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 19.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 12:14 PM

Nika,

If I want to create a new user, I need to specify a password. So I'm sure this will not work.

Concerning tomcat, we need to create a separate tomcat installation from the same version for Clarity and Jaspersoft ?

Regards,

Frank

• 20.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 12:34 PM

Hi Frank,

Since password is not required in NSA, it is not relevant for the Clarity install, so you can delete and recreate the user with no issues, while specifying anything you wish as password. I have done this succesfully myself previously.

For Tomcat : you need two Tomcat installations : one for Clarity, one for Jaspersoft.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 21.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 14, 2015 12:42 PM

Wishfull thinking.

I recreated the user in the organization, and also restarted clarity.

Error message for the job : Failed to get an instance of ClarityJasperAdmin :: Unauthorized access to http://win-0i3l910bpfc:8080/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin

Regards,

Frank

• 22.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 02:23 PM

Frank : thanks for recreating the user.

Have you restarted Jaspersoft Tomcat service as well after the changes?

If yes, please could you raise an issue with CA Support so we can review your exact configuration in detail.

• 23.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 24, 2015 05:22 PM

The one detail that I missed in the documentation was the need to create the data warehouse in its own instance of oracle.  My initial install that had problems was installed into custom table spaces within the same Clarity oracle instance.  This seems to have caused the problem.  When I went back and created a new database instance before creating the tablespaces, user and importing the schema, the network error was resolved.

Not likely something one will run into in the real world since the PPM Data warehouse will only really be useful when it is on its own server but for lower environments it's possible this might happen.

• 24.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Apr 24, 2015 06:35 PM

Hello Plidian:

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your input. I believe we established this error is related 100%

with DWH.

DWH is required in this version 14.2 to run Advanced Reporting.

Warm Regards

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Plidian <

• 25.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:25 AM

Facing database connection error when try to run reports. This issue start after import of data from other server, prior to import it was working.

Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

My observation its somewhere still pointing to old server, when I start old server and try to run reports from new it works, when old is down everything in Jasper works except report execution. Any ideas on how to migrate jasper data and where to check the connection issue ?

• 26.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2016 10:40 AM

HI Kumu,

It could be the connection may be corrupted

Try running   admin update jasperParameters   and see if it fixes the issue

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 27.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Posted Feb 26, 2016 05:42 AM

That worked as master stroke..!!!

Resetting parameters fix it and started working. You are great thank you so much Suman..!!

• 28.  Re: Jaspersoft Report : "Error de E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2016 06:05 AM

Thank you Kumu. Happy Friday