DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SNMPcollector device self cert

Posted Apr 13, 2015 07:02 PM

Need to know how to setup the self cert wizard, where to access it. I have installed the snmpcollector 2.1 probe and pollagent, restarted PH/UMP but there is no Self Cert portlet to add. If there is any documentation please attach/link.

Cheers!

• 2.  Re: SNMPcollector device self cert
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 14, 2015 01:22 AM

There is a ump_selfcert name probepackage that you need to install to your wasp machine if it is not been installed already. Then you should have SelfCert named portlet available in portal. Well, have to say me neither have not found any documentation about it yet.

Same thing with Policyeditor

Teppo

• 3.  Re: SNMPcollector device self cert

Posted Apr 15, 2015 01:05 AM

Thanks Teppo!!

• 4.  Re: SNMPcollector device self cert

Posted Apr 15, 2015 10:31 AM

here's the link to the documentation:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/UIM82/SNMP+Device+Self-Certification

Here's a link to a quick start video, but the page it goes to just says "Video content is coming soon......." this has been there for about two weeks.....

Here are questions I have posted in a case I have open that they have not been able to answer yet:

1. - Is there any way for customers to add information to the Details section of a device via the Self Certification or are we only able to add/define Metric values to be monitored/displayed?

2. - What are the '?', '&', '&&', and '()' used for to create expressions? 

3. - Is there a guide to creating the Expressions? (other than the SNMP Device Self Certification guide https://wiki.ca.com/display/UIM82/SNMP+Device+Self-Certification# or the SNMP Device Support ( devicesupport.ca.com )?

4. - How do I complete a certification with expressions for more than 1 Metric family? When I complete 1 metric family and go back to select another for defining expressions, it says all defined expressions will be lost.

Arlen