CA Service Management

• 1.  Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:44 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone is having a guide to integrate CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation ?

If yes Please provide me

• 2.  Re: Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:53 PM

Hi Winkle,

Please check page no. 133 of Implementation Guide

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20IT%20Asset%20Manager%2012%208-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/APM_Impl_ENU.pdf

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Pradeep

• 3.  Re: Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:00 PM

This depends on the version of ITAM, and also what type of "integration" you are looking for.

IN ITAM 12.8/12.9, there are some manual steps that need to be done to import the default processes APM uses, and configure a few things with them.  Once that is done, ITAM is able to call those processes when an EVENT occurs.

IN the 14.1 release, the import of those processes is done during the installation itself.  Still, I go in and check the settings afterwards to make sure.

You can also create custom processes in PAM that APM can call, other than the default ones.

And lastly, APM has Web Services API, which could be called by a PAM process.

So, what are you trying to accomplish with the integration, then we can point you in the right direction.

Rick

• 4.  Re: Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:15 PM

Hi Richard

Thanks for the advice.I am using ITAM 12.9. I want to create a customize process using the ITAM web services API.

Are you having some guide which consists of calling of event in ITAM and linking of PAM SRF with associated action with that event ?

• 5.  Re: Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 17, 2015 11:41 AM

Hi Richard,

I have 3 fields whose value I have to retrieve and provide as an input to the process and update the data in some other field present in ITAM.

Please help me out as it is bit urgent

• 6.  Re: Integration of CA IT Asset Manager with Process Automation

Posted Apr 18, 2015 10:15 AM

Thanks Everyone

For helping me I got the answer