Clarity

• 1.  Remove instance rights from user

Posted Apr 17, 2015 08:14 AM

Hi All,

I am using below script to remove the instance rights from old resource managers account by referring Audit information of resource. but this script removes the rights from 1st RM change happened on resource, if on same day the RM for that resource is changed then this script never removes the rights from old RM account.

call CMN_SEC_REMOVE_INST_RIGHT_SP('USER', 'Old RM name', 'Right name', 'object_id')

Is there any limitation for this script?

Br,

Sandeep

• 2.  Re: Remove instance rights from user

Posted Apr 17, 2015 08:30 AM

Calling that internal database process would be unsupported.

The way to programatically remove instance rights would be via XOG (by respecifying the "correct" rights for the resource - which you could work out via SQL  - and then reapplying that to the application via XML (XOG)).

• 3.  Re: Remove instance rights from user

Posted Apr 18, 2015 02:09 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information.

I checked in communities for removing the instance rights from account of user using the XOG and found

<InstanceRights Complete="true"> can be used but this would remove all the instance rights.

What if I want to remove specific right like "Resource - Approve Time" from users account and keep other instance rights as they are?

• 4.  Re: Remove instance rights from user

Posted Apr 18, 2015 07:26 AM

Yes this what I am saying when I said "by respecifying the "correct" rights for the resource"

i.e. you have to get all the correct rights for the user - which you can do with a XOG read, remove the relevant instance-right from the XML, add the complete=true and XOG it back in again.