Clarity

• 1.  Strange behaviour using IE 11 with Clarity 14.1

Posted Apr 17, 2015 02:33 PM

Hi,

Today we caught an error of a user that was using IE 11.0.9600.17960.

In a project property page that the user has edition rights, he can't add text to a specific field. The field isn't locked, and the user is able to add value to other fields and save the data.

The type of the field is Large Text, and it was displayed as a text area.

What a noticed is that for this kind of filed (large texts), Clarity renders it with a textarea, and add this tag the attirbute maxlength with value of '-1'.

This is causing the IE 11 block edition on this field. Stripping the maxlength property from the html, t all works as expected (user being able to add text to the field).

I was able to reproduce this behaviour in some IE 11, but in some IE 11 the problem did not happen!

I'd like to know if someone had bumped into this behaviour, before open a case on support.

Regards,

Roberto Barra

• 2.  Re: Strange behaviour using IE 11 with Clarity 14.1

Posted Apr 17, 2015 03:40 PM

That has been reported by Satish in LinkedIn

Large Text attribute does not work in 14.2 | LinkedIn

• 3.  Re: Strange behaviour using IE 11 with Clarity 14.1
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2015 03:47 PM

There is a defect logged for this, CLRT-77181 Large String Attributes not editable in Internet Explorer 11

For users that weren't able to reproduce it, their browsers probably have a 'compatibility' setting that drops the browser version to equal or below IE9 standards.  A fix for this defect is being targeted for the first patch for 14.2.

Opening an issue is probably appropriate, but to save time please reference this defect when describing the issue.

• 4.  Re: Strange behaviour using IE 11 with Clarity 14.1

Posted Apr 17, 2015 03:53 PM

Ok, thank you both!

Meanwhile I had to tweak some things to make it works.