Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

• 1.  Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 05:01 AM

Do not have any issue with other resources. Anyone encountered issue expanding the Department OBS?

• 2.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 05:21 AM

Could you please be more specific when you say "Do not have any issue with other resources. Anyone encountered issue expanding the Department OBS?".

Any screenshots (with comparison) would help

NJ

• 3.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 05:30 AM

I am able to expand the collapse level of the Department OBS (to level 2) for all other resources except 1 resource which only show level 1.

This specific resource had been setup without any issue (able to expand to level 2 and beyond). However when we go in to change the Department OBS again, we are not able to expand further than level 1. Refer to screen capture for level 1 and 2.ca1.jpg

• 4.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 06:56 AM

Have you checked the app-ca.log for any error(s) ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 08:54 PM

Hi NJ,

thank you for your reply.

I am not able to find any error in the log file.

• 6.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 11:28 AM

Assuming that you wanted to update this resource Department OBS, if it is true, you could check with the couple of options as below.

1. Check with your browser compatibility (check & try to update using all of the three browsers IE, Chrome, Firefox)

2. Try both the 2- ways (Home Page, Admin Page)

A.Try to update his/her resource Department OBS from his/her Resource profile.

B. Also try to update his/her Resource profile from Admin->OBS-> Unit -> Attached Instances -> Add

3. As a last option - Try to update his/her DEPT OBS using XOG (however try this first in DEV environment, 2nd in TEST environment & finally in PROD environment) to avoid any discrepancies/duplicate user accounts.

Best Regards

Jagadeesh

• 7.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 21, 2015 09:26 PM

Hi Jagadeesh,

1. We are able to click and expand the Department OBS for all resources except the one which is reported using the FF browser.

2. We have only got Department OBS in the Home Page > Resource Management > Resource Profile page but not the Admin > OBS. .

3. We are not able to do the XOG as the issue is happening in the DEV and Staging Environment too. We have performed a replication from PROD to DEV/Staging recently.

As mentioned earlier, we do not see any error on the affected Resource @ the log file.

I am on v13.3. We do not have this issue before since we upgraded in Nov 2014.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

• 8.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:11 PM

Can you expand the department hierarchy on the Properties > Financial sub page? In case it has been renamed, that's the page where department, location, financial active, etc are displayed out of the box.

Have you configured Location on the main properties page or a page other than the Settings page, or put a default on it? Since location drives the selection of departments, I wonder if the resource somehow got a location set somewhere.

• 9.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2015 08:30 PM

Hi Connie,

We have managed to resolve the issue.

Yes, you are correct. It is related to the New Location that we have set up. The Department/IT Provider field for the new Location at the Admin > Financial > Setup > Location > Properties > Department was not selected for the 2nd level.  This is the reason why we are not able to expand the Department OBS at the 2nd level.

The only question in our mind is why it is only affecting this particular resource and not others with the same Department OBS.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

• 10.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:47 PM

That's great! I'm not sure why it affects just one resource, I suspect somehow the resource has a specific location stored somewhere. Without poking into the data I wouldn't know..

• 11.  Re: Not able to expand Department OBS for one specific resource

Posted Nov 05, 2015 04:45 AM

Thanks Connie_Fu and  Serene_Oh

I made the same bobo when creating new departments  and for some unexplained reason had a recollection that it had been discussed in this community.

Now they call me "hero" thanks to you.