IT Process Automation

• 1.  Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted Apr 22, 2015 03:57 AM

Hi Folks,

I want to fetch APM 12.9 asset UUID in ITPAM.I actually have written a process in ITPAM which query the mdb database and give output of the asset uuid but the uuid is in encrypted format or contains some unwanted notation.

Is there any webservice available so that I can fetch the asset uuid? How can I achieve this querying database from ITPAM or Is there any procedure to fetch the asset uuid?

Thanks

Manirul

• 2.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted Apr 28, 2015 02:00 AM

Hello,

I am using APM webservice (http://test:99/APIService/Gen/BAAAAAA/B/Service.svc) in ITPAM to update ITAM objects.

What is the format of this update function? when I load the wsdl for update in ITPAM its look like:

I need to modify two fields in APM asset details page based on asset uuid.

How can I achieve that.Could anyone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Manirul

• 3.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted Apr 29, 2015 02:36 AM

Hi Manirul,

I am also working on this. I have used the webservices which is http://caitam:99/APIService/Gen/BAAAAAA/B/Service.svc .But when i access it at the browser it says Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled. Because of it i am unable to consume it in wsdl explorer in PAM. Could you tell me if you faced such type of any issue in it.

Thanks

Vinay

• 4.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted May 04, 2015 05:19 AM

Hi Vinay,

For your case:-

1.Go to Application Server

2.Explore to C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\WCF Service

3.Open web.config file.

4.Look for this tag and set to true. <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />

(by default it is false )

Hopefully it will resolve your issue.let me know what happens after doing this.

By the way do you have any idea how could I modify objects in ITAM through ITPAM?

Thanks

Manirul

• 5.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted May 05, 2015 07:48 AM

Hey Thanks Manirul for your response but it is not resolved yet. This error of metadata disable is not coming but it is throwing some exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Can you help me why i am getting this error?

I am also working on this to modify the object and access the field's value through PAM. But i couldn't get anything working.I am trying to find the methods to access the value of fields.

Thanks

Vinay

• 6.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted May 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Manirul,

The Select Object operator will return the Asset UUID from SD for you. Asset UUID.PNG

I don't use ITAM so I can't be of much help there, but this is how asset UUIDs can be retrieved from SD using PAM.

• 7.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted Jun 04, 2015 12:54 AM

Hi Manirul,

Did you find any way how to query database of ITAM and fetch it in ITPAM. How can we use update method of wsdl of ITAM. I also need to fetch the data of ITAM in ITPAM.

Regards,

Vinay  Chaudhary

• 8.  Re: Asset UUID in CA ITPAM

Posted Jun 09, 2015 01:54 AM

Hi Vinay,

Most of the ITAM table data can be fetched querying database.I was only facing issues when I tried to get the UUID from database.Querying database is not standard way.when you configure Event Notification in APM you have to attach a SRF. After attaching SRF ,you will find options to map the notification parameters(parameters which you want to bring in ITPAM from APM).

I could fetch most of the ITAM data to ITPAM but I still did not figure out to update ITAM.I actually need the format in wsdl which will update ITAM data.I raised a ticket in CA but no help.

vinay.chaudhary

Thanks

Manirul