Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, April 30, 2015 @ 11 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2015 02:27 AM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Project and Portfolio Management? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA PPM. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, April 30th @ 11 AM UK time. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

•General Product Questions

•Best practices

•Commonly seen issues

•Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.

•Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

•Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead

•Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click Here to add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, April 30, 2015 @ 11 AM UK Time

Posted Apr 23, 2015 11:52 AM

Thanks for setting this up Shyam!

Shyam Beerakayala wrote:

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Project and Portfolio Management? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA PPM. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, April 30th @ 11 AM UK time. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

•General Product Questions

•Best practices

•Commonly seen issues

•Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.

•Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

•Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead

•Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click Here to add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, April 30, 2015 @ 11 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2015 07:25 AM

from Shyam Beerakayala (CA) to Everyone:

Good morning All!

we will start shortly

from Chris to Everyone:

Good evening - is there audio for this?

@Chris, there is no audio for this

Let's get started...

Please refer to the slide for the logistics ...

from SannamariO to Everyone:

this is best practice question: Resource management, when using direct staffing what is best way to communicate between PM and RM when RM has duty to hard book resources?

from Daniel to Everyone:

Hi, good morning, it's Daniel, from Mexico City, I have some questions about CA Clarity

Good afternoon this first one was from Finland

from Suman Pramanik (CA) to Everyone:

@Daniel. Sure

addition to my RM question: we feel resource requisitions too heavy, or is it?

from Daniel to Everyone:

@Shyam 1.- ¿what situation are assigned tasks, roles and resources within tool???, this in context about assigning options to a project

from aishwarya to Everyone:

Hi. We are facing difficulties in user changing the OBS values of projects which is affecting the access of people. we are currently in 13.3. how can we stop this

@Daniel, are you talking about allocation of team to a Proejct?

from Namita Mishra to Everyone:

@SannamariO: Please clarify, how does the RM knows about the request?

from Chris to Everyone:

Very simply - is there a demonstration version to play with where I can test using a Microsoft Project Plan to forecast effort in clarity and then produce reports with a variance against the forecast? I am from Sydney and require better reporting to reconcile against SAP

@Namita this is my question, what is the best way to cvommunicate it?

@SannamariO: By the way we have customers using Resource Requisition and its working for them.

from Daniel to Everyone:

yes, althoug I refer to if we assign tasks to roles or roles to project or resources to roles, for example

@Aishwarya, can you please elaborate on what you want to stop?

@Namita - tell me then what is the easiest and lightest way to take it to use. Direct staffing is in here the common way and RM is only committing bookings to hard.

@SannamariO: Out of curiosity i wanted to know in your organization, how RM comes to know what project need requisition? Does PM send email to RM, does RM refers the template, or does the RM refers the unfilled Roles templates

from Daniel to Everyone:

@Shyam yes, althoug I refer to if we assign tasks to roles or roles to project or resources to roles, for example

from Nitin Agarwal (CA) to Everyone:

@Chris : There is a sandbox available for you to play around with . This sandbox is available for all CA PPM Community members.  You can request an account on the sandbox . https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-241728122-9149/pastedImage_0.png

@SannamariO: okay in that case you can create a process to send the notification to PM whenever the RM books a resource

@Aishwarya, in 13.3, OBS can be configured and security rights can be used for controlling access to the OBS attribute

@Namita process should be then such that PM launches it, we dont want this to be automated.

from Chris to Everyone:

@Nitin Agarwal - thanks. I'll give this a try

@Namita: and then we neen a button to start it, and this gonna be closet res. requisitions i assume

@Namita: and then we need a button to start it, and this gonna be close res. requisitions i assume?

from Daniel to Everyone:

2.- ¿What are booking levels and in what situation they are used?

@Namita: Message should be created first when PM needs res. to be hard booked

from Daniel to Everyone:

@Shyam and first question is about allocation of team in general

@Daniel, you first assign resources and roles to Project and then you assign resources and roles to tasks (starting 13.x, you can directly assgin resources/roles to tasks using the resource pool)

from Daniel to Everyone:

ok, @Shyam

@Daniels, by booking levels, I assume you mean booking types, Hard, Soft and Mixed

from Daniel to Everyone:

yeah @Shyam

from Daniel to Everyone:

@Shyam that's correct =)

from Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:

Hello, For Jaspersoft Studio report deployment from one env to the other, is there a recommended import/export best practices document?

@Daniel, you use booking type to control to waht extent a resource is commited to the project

@SannamariO: I thought your qusetion was how RM would communicate to PM after assigning the resource. But now I got that you meant how PM will communicate to RM that a resource is needed? I think you can try using Res requisition because as I said it is working for other customers. In this case, PM can create a req from the Team tab and automatically a notification will go to RM. Best part is that RM can provide the choices of available resources for this requisition and then PM has a chance to select from those choices... Have you tried it?

from Daniel to Everyone:

right, so talking about access theme, could you tell me differences about permissions about on instance, OBS Unit and Global permissions and if exist changes when each one is applied within a resource?

@Namita: No, Direct staffing is working fine, PM knows quite well what res. to use, so PM add resources to team and RM only keeps track and not so often change anything just hardbook. Thats why res. requisitions seens to be too heavy for this case.

@Daniel : The basic description of these rights are as mentioned below :

Instance

Provides access to object instances (for example, a specific portfolio, rather than all portfolios).

Organization Breakdown Structure (OBS) Unit

(Not typical for user groups.) Provides access rights to all instances having the selected OBS unit.

Global

Provides unlimited access to an object (for example, all portfolios rather than a specific portfolio).

For more information you can refer the Access Rights Reference Guide available in the CA PPM Bookshelf

from Daniel to Everyone:

2 last questions: first, is there an object document technical reference in CA Clarity??, this is when we do field mapping; second question: how can perform bulk-logged in Clarity??

@Atul, we are working on it

@Namita: we just needed button for PM to communicate the need to have res. softbooking to be committed to hard. And that is the way I did it and now I wonder could it be done smarter with re. requisitions without all its functionalities.

@Daniel, please refer to the Technical reference guide, for bulk loading, XOG needs to be used

@SannamariO: If you do not want to use resource Requisition then may be you can explore the process to achieve this. Btw, are you on SaaS?

@SannamariO, for any added functionality, we can engage CA Services, please email me your contact details to beesh01@ca.com and I will have someone contact you

@Daniel, did we answer your questions

?

@All, did we miss any question?

from Daniel to Everyone:

in theme about document reference, is there any document where indicates all objects and locations within tables of DB manages Clarity???

@Namita @Shyam: Thanks, I know the process, and I will talk with CA representative next week so I will ask this one too then.

@Shyam. Thanks. Another one on Jaspersoft Studio.. the connection between Jaspersoft Studio and Jasperserver, will that be using a generic account or can the developer use the CA PPM user id and password? on Jaspersever the user is externally authenticated so I think it will be only possible by using generic id but wanted to confirm.

@Daniel, Tech Reference Guide covers the table and field information and the Attributes list in Studio also shows DB table and field names

@SannamariO thanks

from Daniel to Everyone:

aaaah, I hadn't seen response @Shyam jejeje, thanks a lot

@Atul: Do you mean generic id as super user ID?

@Suman.. yes. Something to connect to the server to deploy.

from Daniel to Everyone:

I'll try to understand better context about Clarity, but I think I  have a better overview of these doubts cleared =), thanks a lot @Shyam

from Ramana Chinnapapannagari to Everyone:

In SAP BI Webi reports, the report can multiple tabs like excel sheet tabs. Is that possible Jasper reports? I was thinking of posting this to CA community site.

@Daniel, thank you

@Atul: If I understand correctly superuser id can be used to create/deploy reports

@Suman.. not sure if clients would like to hand over that id to the developers. I would think, a generic id with report create rights would be a better approach. 

couple of more minutes before we wrap up...

@Atul: We will check on this and post on the office hour link

from sharat(CA) to Everyone:

@Ramana - you can try out something similar as here http://community-static.jaspersoft.com/wiki/adding-tabs-landing-page-jasperreports-server

@Suman. Thanks

That's all for now, thank you all for attending

from Daniel to Everyone:

thanks, bye

from Daniel to Everyone:

thanks, bye

bye

from Ramana Chinnapapannagari to Everyone:

Thank you

• 4.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, April 30, 2015 @ 11 AM UK Time

Posted Apr 30, 2015 08:11 AM

Hello Atul,

We are working on the document that includes all the connections that are required to develop a report in Studio and publish it to the server. This document will be published in the beginning of May.

Thanks,

Namita Mishra