CA Client Automation

• 1.  OSIM and bitlocker support

Posted Apr 23, 2015 06:20 AM

How is bitlocker supported within OSIM for current OS Win8.1 ?

It was included in custom.cmd for Windows7 and 7-SP1, but is no more there for Win8/8.1.

There wasn't the demand for enabling it in my projects yet, so I haven't tried it yet, but I want to be prepared for possible Win8.1 demands.

What was the reason for omitting it in the 8.x images ?

Regards

Claus

• 2.  Re: OSIM and bitlocker support

Posted May 07, 2015 02:12 PM

Anyone have any feedback for Claus?

Thanks

OSIM and bitlocker support

How is bitlocker supported within OSIM for current OS Win8.1 ?

It was included in custom.cmd for Windows7 and 7-SP1, but is no more there for Win8/8.1.

There wasn't the demand for enabling it in my projects yet, so I haven't tried it yet, but I want to be prepared for possible Win8.1 demands.

What was the reason for omitting it in the 8.x images ?

Regards

Claus

• 3.  Re: OSIM and bitlocker support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:51 AM

Hi Claus

I am checking this out with engineering as it is a surprise to me. My windows 8 images in 12.8 have bitlocker support but it is missing from the templates in 12.9

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: OSIM and bitlocker support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2015 06:02 AM

Hi Claus

I have confirmed with dev and have clarification for you on this.

In the windows 7 templates we use the command

• manage-bde -tpm -TurnOn

in order to enable the bitlocker encryption

When the Windows 8  templates were created in 12.8  this was carried over but as can be seen in this MS TechNet article Manage-bde: tpm this does not work on windows 8 or above.

In order to enable bitlocker support in Windows 8 and above requires a design change to the templates. When we released 12.9 we removed the bitlocker parameter from the effected images to avoid any confusion.

It is already on the development backlog to add bitlocker support to these OS's but as of now there is no projection as to when this will be delivered.

Please do raise this as an idea so the community can provide feedback to product management on the need for this requirement

• 5.  Re: OSIM and bitlocker support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 04:41 AM

Hi Claus

Has this clarified this for you? If so can you please mark the thread as answered

thanks

Rich