The Water Cooler

• 1.  Champions??

Posted Apr 23, 2015 09:23 AM
    • Champions can be CA Employees or Customers
    • Champions are selected by CA Community Moderators
    • Champions selection is based on community participation
    • Champions are re-evaluated on a yearly basis
    • Governed by Rules of Engagement and Code of Ethics

No where does it say whether you even know the product you are championing. So may I ask if this is a CA popularity contest?

I read the pdf on the champion program.

To be frank and forthcoming, I see the above process to be a bit Big Brother.

As a programmer and techie, heated ,but respectful, debates and plain speaking help air out differences and then a happy middle or conclusion is then gained.  If a CA employee or moderator doesn't like it, are you ousted ?

Sometimes a champion is the bad guy to the vendor but the savior of the customer. If the community of customers like you as a champion but as the vendor you do not, what happens? Healthy discussion and disagreements should not negatively impacts one's standing in the program.

The pdf  says you must use real name. many in the community are not. I joined using my full name though , most of the AutoSys community knows me as Steve C.

Zorro/Green Hornet/Batman .. are they good guys or bad guys? My answer: it depends on which side of the sword you are on .. notice my photo carefully - that is me. and it isn't a "costume" ;-) a champion is a very subjective and relative term. which is fine as long as we all understand that ..

I would like some more in-depth discussion on what we may expect from the chosen champions.

Thank you

Steve C.

Message was edited by: Steve Carrobis