DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  AO: Email to use two email servers

Posted Apr 24, 2015 01:47 AM

Hi All,

We have two SMTP servers, 1st SMTP server to send email, 2nd SMTP server to send sms. However, in AO when we select action email, there is no way for us to select which server to connect to. How can we send email as well as SMS with these two SMTP servers? Any idea?

• 2.  Re: AO: Email to use two email servers

Posted Apr 24, 2015 02:21 AM

I can't think of a way to do this in any neat way. If emailgtw has a (undocumented) feature to configure the subject it listens to, you could work around it with nas scripts, so that's something you can ask from support. Another silly solution would be to have nas repost messages under some custom subject, have them posted to another hub where you have your nas listening to this bogus subject. Then you'd need to have that nas dedicated for that subject, though. It's also very ugly.. but doable, I guess.

I'm sure you could do this also on the SMTP server, for example have it relay messages to your SMS smtp server under certain conditions. But that's not a nice solution either..

-jon

• 3.  Re: AO: Email to use two email servers

Posted Apr 24, 2015 04:11 AM

Hi Halim,

We already set such configuration for a customer.

We have 2 slaves hubs (for redundancy) which are responsible for SMS notification, then using NAS Replication the alarms are sent to the main Hub (CA UIM Server) that is responsible for Email Notification only.

We set it up for 3 years and the customers is really happy with this configuration (we also create a custom probe for replicating NAS configuration in case Active Slave hub goes down)

Guillaume

• 4.  Re: AO: Email to use two email servers

Posted Apr 24, 2015 02:26 PM

hm yeah true nas replication works there as well.

Out of interest, how did you do the custom nas replication? I've done this myself too, based on audit messages.

-jon

• 5.  Re: AO: Email to use two email servers

Posted Apr 27, 2015 04:45 AM

Hello John,

I use nas replication for replicating the NAS configuration from Active Hub to Slave Hub.

Then, i use a dirscan probe (or net_connect probe) to identify change of configuration on Active Hub or lost of connectivity of Active Hub to set PU callbacks on Slave NAS in order to deactivate NIS_Bridge and reconfigure NAS-Replication configuration (Both side or One Side).

Guillaume